17 August 2008
Overall, WFP’s Gender Policy 2003-2007 surpassed those of many comparable organizations. Going forward, the evaluation team submitted five sets of recommendations:
1. take immediate steps to communicate WFP’s commitments to women and gender equality;
2. build gender mainstreaming capacities by extending and deepening training and expert guidance;
3. re-orient the roles and headquarters, country offices and regional bureaus;
4. make more funding available at the country level; and
5. complement the gender balance use of targets with building capacities and commitments among hiring managers and identify systems issues.
5 November 1998
The project seeks to encourage regular attendance at health facilities of expectant and nursing mothers whose children are at risk of malnutrition. While attendance has increased in the beneficiary centres, it has not become more regular, for a variety of reasons.
- 6 December 2013 In Burkina Faso, School Meals Raise Enrolment, Improve Nutrition
- 26 September 2013 Hungry Planet: Episode 30
- 23 August 2013 Burkina Faso: Reforestation in the North