20 June 2014
ABIDJAN – World Food Programme (WFP) Ambassador Against Hunger, Jose Mourinho, has used a visit to Ivory Coast to draw attention to the positive impact that good nutrition can have on the lives of young children. In his first trip as a WFP Hunger Ambassador, Mourinho visited a school in Yamoussoukro, where children receive free daily meals as part of a WFP programme.
4 October 2011
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) has launched a pilot programme that uses mobile phone technology to facilitate cash transfers to 54,000 people living in poor districts of Abidjan to assist them to buy food.
12 April 2011
DAKAR – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is planning airlifts in the coming days to provide life-saving food assistance to tens of thousands of internally displaced people in Côte d’Ivoire and Ivorian refugees in neighbouring Liberia.
11 March 2011
DAKAR – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) said today it will scale up its operations to provide food to escalating numbers of people fleeing from violence in Côte d’Ivoire.
13 January 2011
MONROVIA – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) emergency operation providing food assistance to Côte d'Ivoire refugees in Liberia, yesterday entered a new phase with the start of general food distributions targeting 22, 507 refugees in the 23 villages where they are currently sheltering in the border area.
31 December 2010
ROME - The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) has airlifted emergency food assistance into Liberia to feed refugees fleeing the political crisis in neighbouring Côte d’Ivoire as part of a rapid scale up of humanitarian operations in response to the evolving humanitarian crisis.
5 March 2010
ABIDJAN – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) said today it had halved the size of school meals for almost 430,000 children in Côte d’Ivoire because of funding shortfalls and announced that it urgently needed US$6 million to restore full rations and keep feeding malnourished children.
16 October 2007
FAO has called for a renewed commitment to guarantee the right to food for the world's hundreds of millions of hungry people.
16 October 2007
Read UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon message to mark World Food Day, which this year promotes the Right to Food.
23 July 2007
WFP appealed for support in its peace-building efforts in Cote d’Ivoire where more than a million people stand to benefit from a new US$41 million food assistance operation launched earlier this month.
- UN launches phone-based scheme to help poor Ivorians buy food Source: UN News Centre
- Giving Children a Chance in Post-Conflict Ivory Coast Source: Blogcritics
- LIBERIA-COTE D'IVOIRE: Refugees look for long-term solutions Source: IRIN
- Cote d'Ivoire: Tens of Thousands Remain Displaced in Western Côte d'Ivoire Despite End of Political Crisis Source: All Africa
- LIBERIA-COTE D’IVOIRE: Hope, hardship and hospitality Source: IRIN
- West Africa and the Sahel - Food Security and Humanitarian Implications, 2014
- WFP School Feeding Programmes in Cote D‘Ivoire (1999-2009): A Mixed Method Impact Evaluation Vol I Full Report
- West Africa and the Sahel - Food Security and Humanitarian Implications, 2013
- Ivoirian-Liberian Border Long Way Home - A report on food security and living conditions, April 2013
- 14 December 2012 Côte d’Ivoire: Food for Work Project in Action