2 August 2006
WFP has resumed food distributions to around 13,000 refugees and internally displaced people in the Ivory Coast town of Guiglo, centre of violent protests against the UN last month.
24 January 2006
16 January 2006
WFP calls on the international community to rally strongly behind its efforts to tackle hunger and poverty in West Africa, the poorest region of the world.
10 November 2005
Amid continuing political uncertainty, WFP confirms that it will extend its relief operation for victims of the recent turmoil in Ivory Coast until the end of 2006 and appeals to the international community to maintain support for its humanitarian work.
27 July 2005
Rome - As the international humanitarian response to Niger's severe hunger crisis gathers pace, WFP announces that a series of airlifts will deliver life-saving emergency rations to feed 80,000 victims of the country\'s intensifying emergency.
18 March 2005
Yokohama WFP welcomes an aid package of some JPY 1.954 billion (US$ 19 million) from the Japanese Government to assist refugees, internally displaced persons and victims of natural disasters and poverty in Africa, the Middle East, Latin America, Eastern Europe and the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS).
- UN launches phone-based scheme to help poor Ivorians buy food Source: UN News Centre
- Giving Children a Chance in Post-Conflict Ivory Coast Source: Blogcritics
- LIBERIA-COTE D'IVOIRE: Refugees look for long-term solutions Source: IRIN
- Cote d'Ivoire: Tens of Thousands Remain Displaced in Western Côte d'Ivoire Despite End of Political Crisis Source: All Africa
- LIBERIA-COTE D’IVOIRE: Hope, hardship and hospitality Source: IRIN
- 14 December 2012 Côte d’Ivoire: Food for Work Project in Action