27 February 2007
The Government of Japan announced today a major contribution of US$20.8 million (JPY2.52 billion) to WFP which will assist millions of vulnerable and chronically food insecure people in 13 countries spread throughout Africa, Asia and Latin America.
9 February 2007
WFP food aid for tens of thousands of TB patients, AIDS patients and orphans in Cambodia has run out after funds dried up. Read more in The Cambodia Daily.
8 February 2007
WFP has warmly welcomed a critical and timely contribution of 500,000 euros (US$648,000) from the Government of Spain that will allow it to resume vital food assistance to more than one million poor and vulnerable Cambodians.
11 August 2006
An International AIDS Conference in Toronto on 13 – 18 August, gathers together experts and people living with HIV to discuss how to combat the deadly disease. WFP will illustrate the necessity of good nutrition in fighting the disease.
1 December 2005
13 September 2005
- WFP’s belt tightening Source: The Phnom Penh Post
- Cambodia Celebrates World Food Day Source: Khmer Times
- How rice can change the world Source: Examiner.com
- New Study: Fortified Rice Can Improve Schoolchildren’ s Health in Cambodia Source: Agence Kampuchea Presses
- Fortified Rice Improves Children’s Health, Study Finds Source: The Cambodia Daily