23 September 2011
Three women hold the keys to beating hunger in the drought-hit village of Zidim in northern Cameroon, where a WFP-supported village granary ensures an all-round food supply for the entire community. Felicite Sengram and two other key-holders open up a small warehouse for sales of maize and sorghum that can help villagers get through the difficult lean season when food is scarce.
8 September 2011
For the past few weeks, northern Cameroon has been battling a food crisis. (..) This region has already suffered from famine, back in September 2001, when the President responded to the crisis by distributing 4,000 tons of grain. The people of Gobo also received food aid from the World Food Programme.
30 August 2011
Three women hold the keys to beating hunger in the drought-hit village of Zidim in northern Cameroon, where a WFP-supported village granary ensures an all-round food supply for the entire community. (..) WFP provides an initial stock of cereal, usually 10 metric tons, and trains the mostly female management committees in food storage, book-keeping etc.
28 September 2009
Newly appointed officials into the management team of the Committee in charge of assistance from the World Food Programme (WFP) and the Food and Agricultural Organisation (FAO) codenamed "CG/FAO/PAM" have been urged to do all to ensure food security and sufficiency in the country.
24 June 2009
Refugees are like people in search of jobs, studying and trying to do their best to sustain living. That is why UNHCR in Cameroon in collaboration with other agencies such as World Food Programme and UNICEF, come together to support refugees by providing them with food, medication, fund for income generating activities. This is to encourage them in their livelihood.
14 April 2009
The Islamic Development Bank, owned by states including Egypt, Saudi Arabia and Turkey, will spend 8 billion CFA francs ($16 million) improving cereal production and storage in northern Cameroon, said Gourlemond Gilbert, General Manager of the National Cereal Office. [...] About 41 percent of Cameroon’s 16 million people live below the poverty line of $1 per day, according to the World Food Programme.
- Cameroon border town battered by C.Africa spillover Source: Yahoo! News/ AFP
- Sahel food insecurity threatens 10 million people in 2013 Source: Reuters/AlertNet
- Sahel: Malnourished to remain above one million in 2013 Source: IRIN
- At meeting in Rome, UN officials stress link between food security and peace in Sahel Source: UN News Centre
- Building Resilience Key to Restoring Sahel Food Security Source: VOA News
- Seasonal Monitor
- C.A.R. Regional Impact Situation Report #4 25 June 2014
- Cameroun - WFP/UNHCR Evaluation de l'assistance humanitaire et de la situation des réfugiés centrafricains vivant au Cameroun, Juillet 2013
- The International Rise in Maize and Wheat Prices and its Potential Impact on Food Security in West Africa, August 2012