28 May 2010
DAKAR – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) today warned of growing needs in the Eastern Sahel region of West Africa, where some 10 million people are facing a challenging season of hunger before the next harvest is due in September.
2 October 2008
More than 37,000 Chadian refugees who fled Ndjamena due to the fighting last weekend, received food aid from the World Food Programme on Saturday in Kousseri, Northern Cameroon, just across the river from Ndjamena.
16 October 2007
FAO has called for a renewed commitment to guarantee the right to food for the world's hundreds of millions of hungry people.
16 October 2007
Read UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon message to mark World Food Day, which this year promotes the Right to Food.
29 June 2007
The United Nations World Food Program (WFP) on Friday welcomed US government contributions in June totaling $62 million to feed people confronting humanitarian crises across 13 countries in Africa and one in Asia.
4 December 2005
N\'Djamena - WFP warns that unless donations are rapidly forthcoming, nearly 200,000 refugees who have fled into Chad from the Darfur conflict in neighbouring Sudan risk going hungry in the months ahead.
- Sahel food insecurity threatens 10 million people in 2013 Source: Reuters/AlertNet
- Sahel: Malnourished to remain above one million in 2013 Source: IRIN
- At meeting in Rome, UN officials stress link between food security and peace in Sahel Source: UN News Centre
- Building Resilience Key to Restoring Sahel Food Security Source: VOA News
- West Africa: After the drought, floods - and harvest worries Source: IRIN
- The International Rise in Maize and Wheat Prices and its Potential Impact on Food Security in West Africa, August 2012
- Cameroon - Evaluation approfondie du programme d’assistance aux refugies Tchadiens de Langui (Nord) et Centrafricains dans les regions de l’Est et de l’Adamaoua du Cameroun, May 2012