24 August 2010
The United Nations World Food Program says tens of thousands of people in Central African Republic face malnutrition if the WFP cannot secure urgent funding. In Central African Republic, the United Nations World Food Program says it needs an additional $15 million in funding over the next eight months to continue feeding 600,000 people there.
24 November 2009
Two French aid workers employed by Triangle Operation Humanitaire were kidnapped in northeastern Central African Republic by unidentified gunmen. (..) The group has also worked with the United Nations World Food Programme, distributing food aid to hundreds of displaced villagers after the series of inter-communal clashes in June.
2 November 2009
After driving them out of Uganda and chasing them across the Democratic Republic of Congo, Ugandan government troops are now fighting the rebel Lord's Resistance Army in the CAR.(..)They do not know next when they will be able to go back to their farms," said Sitta Kai-Kai who directs U.N. WFP operations in the Central African Republic.
26 August 2009
Ugandan troops are fighting alongside soldiers from the Central African Republic against the rebel Lord's Resistance Army, which has crossed into the Central African Republic from the Democratic Republic of Congo. Instability sparked by ethnic violence in northeast Central African Republic has been made worse by the presence of Lord's Resistance Army rebels in the southeast.
5 February 2009
Some 10,000 people from the Central African Republic (CAR) - mostly women and children - are stranded in a remote area of southern Chad, having fled renewed fighting in northern CAR, local authorities have told the UN. [...] The UN World Food Programme (WFP) is sending 82.5 metric tons of food – enough to cover 10,000 people for 15 days, according to Gon Myers of WFP in Chad.
- UN resolution targets strife in Central African Republic Source: Deutsche Welle
- Central African Republic in danger of becoming a failed state, warns UN Source: The Guardian
- UN calls for action in Africa’s forgotten crisis Source: Euronews
- Central African Republic in crisis, urgently needs aid –MSF Source: Thomson Reuters Foundation
- CAR Facing Food Crisis Source: VOA News
- 8 November 2013 Conflict In Central African Republic (For The Media)
- 8 November 2013 Population Flees Conflict in Central African Republic
- 29 October 2013 WFP Distributes Food To Farmers In Central African Republic