10 February 2012
Last year, around 13 million people in the Horn of Africa needed food aid. Now aid agencies warn failed harvests in the Sahel, the band of desert and scrub that runs south of the Sahara, mean 12 million more people require assistance. (..) The world has more than enough food to feed itself. Redistributing it to those who lack their share is the job of large and well-funded international aid agencies, particularly the World Food Program.
6 April 2011
The U.S. Food for Peace program has made a 6.5 million dollar donation to fight hunger in the Central African Republic (CAR). The donation will purchase 4,0000 metric tons of supplies to be distributed by the UN World Food Programme (WFP).
7 September 2010
Torrential rains and flash floods that swept through cities and villages in Central Africa in late August have intensified a food crisis in the region, leaving upwards of 10 million people suffering from severe food shortages, the United Nations and relief organizations warned last week. (..) In early August, a shortfall of international aid forced the United Nations World Food Program to suspend food aid to families with children over the age of 2 in Niger.
25 August 2010
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) warned today that it may have to cut its feeding programme in the Central African Republic (CAR), where tens of thousands risk becoming malnourished unless new funding is secured.
25 August 2010
The United Nations World Food Program says tens of thousands of people in Central African Republic face malnutrition if the WFP cannot secure urgent funding. In Central African Republic, the United Nations World Food Program says it needs an additional $15 million in funding over the next eight months to continue feeding 600,000 people there.
24 November 2009
Two French aid workers employed by Triangle Operation Humanitaire were kidnapped in northeastern Central African Republic by unidentified gunmen. (..) The group has also worked with the United Nations World Food Programme, distributing food aid to hundreds of displaced villagers after the series of inter-communal clashes in June.
2 November 2009
After driving them out of Uganda and chasing them across the Democratic Republic of Congo, Ugandan government troops are now fighting the rebel Lord's Resistance Army in the CAR.(..)They do not know next when they will be able to go back to their farms," said Sitta Kai-Kai who directs U.N. WFP operations in the Central African Republic.
27 August 2009
Ugandan troops are fighting alongside soldiers from the Central African Republic against the rebel Lord's Resistance Army, which has crossed into the Central African Republic from the Democratic Republic of Congo. Instability sparked by ethnic violence in northeast Central African Republic has been made worse by the presence of Lord's Resistance Army rebels in the southeast.
5 February 2009
Some 10,000 people from the Central African Republic (CAR) - mostly women and children - are stranded in a remote area of southern Chad, having fled renewed fighting in northern CAR, local authorities have told the UN. [...] The UN World Food Programme (WFP) is sending 82.5 metric tons of food – enough to cover 10,000 people for 15 days, according to Gon Myers of WFP in Chad.
- Worsened security leads to further displacement in Central African Republic Source: Xinhua News
- Today’s Central African Republic: It Really Doesn’t Get Much Worse Than This Source: The Ottawa Citizen (Canada)
- Hatred festers as Muslims and Christians suffer in Central African Republic Source: Irish Times
- WFP Chief Calls for Humanitarian Intervention in CAR Source: VOA News
- In Central African Republic, a ‘very desperate situation’ in makeshift camps Source: PBS NewsHour
- Central African Republic Situation Report #41 25 June 2014
- Seasonal Monitor
- C.A.R. Regional Impact Situation Report #4 25 June 2014
- République du Congo - WFP/UNHCR Mission d'évaluation conjointe de la sécurité alimentaire et vulnérabilité des ménages de réfugiés provenant de la République Centrafricaine vivant dans le Département de la Likouala, Mai 2014
- 16 September 2014 Children Around The Globe Are Back At School, So Are WFP School Meals
- 8 September 2014 WFP's River Route For Food Going To C.A.R. Emergency
- 10 July 2014 Cameroon: A Day In The Life of a C.A.R. Refugee