8 March 2013
KINSHASA – Two United Nations agencies are stepping up efforts to assist refugees from the Central Africa Republic (CAR) who have fled into the neighbouring Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC). The UN agency for refugees, UNHCR, and the UN World Food Programme (WFP) have come together to assist the large numbers of people who have fled fighting between Seleka rebels and the CAR army since mid-December.
15 February 2013
BANGUI – According to a recent rapid food security assessment conducted by the United Nations and Non-Governmental Organizations, the political and military crisis of December 2012 and January 2013 could trigger a food crisis in the country.
28 November 2012
BANGUI – The UN Humanitarian Air Service (UNHAS), run by the UN World Food Programme (WFP) in the Central African Republic (CAR), is facing a critical shortfall in funding and will have to cut back services by half if no resources are received in the next few weeks.
5 April 2011
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) has received today from the United States Government a donation of 4,000 metric tons of food (worth US$6.5 million) to assist communities vulnerable to food insecurity and malnutrition in the Central African Republic (CAR).
17 November 2010
International food prices have increased steeply in the last six months, bringing the UN Food and Agriculture (FAO) Food Price Index to its highest level since September 2008. However, recent harvests have been better and global food stocks are higher.
24 August 2010
BANGUI – Tens of thousands of people risk becoming malnourished unless critical new funding is secured for the World Food Programme in the Central African Republic (CAR).
12 March 2010
BRAZZAVILLE – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) today started to airlift urgent food assistance from Pointe Noire to Impfondo in Likouala province to reach tens of thousands of Congolese refugees from the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) who have moved into northern Republic of Congo (RoC).
25 November 2009
KINSHASA – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is scaling up deliveries to northwestern Democratic Republic of Congo and to the neighbouring Republic of Congo to feed tens of thousands of Congolese people displaced by a recent upsurge of violence in and around Dongo village in DRC’s Equateur province.
16 October 2007
FAO has called for a renewed commitment to guarantee the right to food for the world's hundreds of millions of hungry people.
16 October 2007
Read UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon message to mark World Food Day, which this year promotes the Right to Food.
- Worsened security leads to further displacement in Central African Republic Source: Xinhua News
- Today’s Central African Republic: It Really Doesn’t Get Much Worse Than This Source: The Ottawa Citizen (Canada)
- Hatred festers as Muslims and Christians suffer in Central African Republic Source: Irish Times
- WFP Chief Calls for Humanitarian Intervention in CAR Source: VOA News
- In Central African Republic, a ‘very desperate situation’ in makeshift camps Source: PBS NewsHour
- Central African Republic Situation Report #41 25 June 2014
- C.A.R. Regional Impact Situation Report #4 25 June 2014
- République du Congo - WFP/UNHCR Mission d'évaluation conjointe de la sécurité alimentaire et vulnérabilité des ménages de réfugiés provenant de la République Centrafricaine vivant dans le Département de la Likouala, Mai 2014
- Central African Republic - FAO/WFP Markets and Food Security Assessment Mission, April 2014
- 16 September 2014 Children Around The Globe Are Back At School, So Are WFP School Meals
- 8 September 2014 WFP's River Route For Food Going To C.A.R. Emergency
- 10 July 2014 Cameroon: A Day In The Life of a C.A.R. Refugee