12 May 2006
As violence continues to spread terror and displacement in the northwest of the Central African Republic, WFP has urged the international community to support its food operations in a region which is already volatile due to fighting in Chad and Sudan.
21 April 2006
WFP warns that any continuation or escalation in the current conflict in Chad could have serious implications for the humanitarian effort and leave thousands of people short of food in both eastern Chad and across the border in the troubled Sudanese region of Darfur.
21 February 2006
As the media and the humanitarian community focus on the spreading drought in the Horn of Africa, WFP is deeply concerned that more attention is needed to highlight the persistent problems faced by the world’s refugees – most of them in Africa.
16 January 2006
WFP calls on the international community to rally strongly behind its efforts to tackle hunger and poverty in West Africa, the poorest region of the world.
18 October 2005
Thousands of refugees who have fled random banditry and violence in the Central African Republic (CAR) are in urgent need of international assistance as they gather in and around camps in neighbouring Chad, WFP warns.
14 September 2005
- Worsened security leads to further displacement in Central African Republic Source: Xinhua News
- Today’s Central African Republic: It Really Doesn’t Get Much Worse Than This Source: The Ottawa Citizen (Canada)
- Hatred festers as Muslims and Christians suffer in Central African Republic Source: Irish Times
- WFP Chief Calls for Humanitarian Intervention in CAR Source: VOA News
- In Central African Republic, a ‘very desperate situation’ in makeshift camps Source: PBS NewsHour
- 16 April 2014 Crisis In Central African Republic
- 7 April 2014 Central African Republic's Economy On Its Knees
- 28 March 2014 Central African Republic Can't Wait, Says WFP Head
- 20 March 2014 'We Will Not Forget You,' WFP Head Tells CAR's Displaced