16 October 2007
FAO has called for a renewed commitment to guarantee the right to food for the world's hundreds of millions of hungry people.
16 October 2007
Read UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon message to mark World Food Day, which this year promotes the Right to Food.
14 June 2007
The United Nations World Food Programme today launched a highly complex operation to airlift emergency food supplies to over 2,600 refugees from Darfur who recently crossed into the remote north-eastern corner of the Central African Republic.
31 May 2007
WFP welcomes US government contributions in May totaling $32.4 million to feed people confronting critical humanitarian situations ranging from severe drought to conflict in Kenya, Chad, the Central African Republic, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Zimbabwe and Colombia.
18 May 2007
WFP announced today that it was airlifting 31 metric tons of equipment from its Humanitarian Response Depot (HRD) in Ghana to support the agency’s recently upgraded life-saving operation in the strife-torn Central African Republic.
15 May 2007
WFP urged the international community to redouble its efforts in support of the agency’s recently upscaled life-saving operation in the conflict-torn Central African Republic.
17 April 2007
WFP has appealed for increased international donor support to avert a deepening humanitarian crisis in the Central African Republic, where hundreds of thousands of people displaced by war and civil conflict are in urgent need of food assistance.
12 April 2007
Two major logistics companies, UPS and TNT, have joined forces for a humanitarian cause by offering free warehousing facilities to the United Nations Humanitarian Response Depots (UNHRD), run by the WFP in Ghana and Panama.
26 May 2006
As insecurity in Chad continues to make international headlines, WFP has urged the international community not to lose sight of the suffering of as many as 50,000 displaced people in the troubled northwest region of neighbouring Central African Republic.
12 May 2006
As violence continues to spread terror and displacement in the northwest of the Central African Republic, WFP has urged the international community to support its food operations in a region which is already volatile due to fighting in Chad and Sudan.
- Worsened security leads to further displacement in Central African Republic Source: Xinhua News
- Today’s Central African Republic: It Really Doesn’t Get Much Worse Than This Source: The Ottawa Citizen (Canada)
- Hatred festers as Muslims and Christians suffer in Central African Republic Source: Irish Times
- WFP Chief Calls for Humanitarian Intervention in CAR Source: VOA News
- In Central African Republic, a ‘very desperate situation’ in makeshift camps Source: PBS NewsHour
- 2 February 2015 Bridging The Hunger Gap In A Divided City Of Bambari
- 24 October 2014 WFP River Convoy Carrying 1800 MT Of Rice Reaches Bangui
- 16 September 2014 Children Around The Globe Are Back At School, So Are WFP School Meals