31 May 2007
WFP welcomes US government contributions in May totaling $32.4 million to feed people confronting critical humanitarian situations ranging from severe drought to conflict in Kenya, Chad, the Central African Republic, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Zimbabwe and Colombia.
18 May 2007
WFP announced today that it was airlifting 31 metric tons of equipment from its Humanitarian Response Depot (HRD) in Ghana to support the agency’s recently upgraded life-saving operation in the strife-torn Central African Republic.
15 May 2007
WFP urged the international community to redouble its efforts in support of the agency’s recently upscaled life-saving operation in the conflict-torn Central African Republic.
17 April 2007
WFP has appealed for increased international donor support to avert a deepening humanitarian crisis in the Central African Republic, where hundreds of thousands of people displaced by war and civil conflict are in urgent need of food assistance.
12 April 2007
Two major logistics companies, UPS and TNT, have joined forces for a humanitarian cause by offering free warehousing facilities to the United Nations Humanitarian Response Depots (UNHRD), run by the WFP in Ghana and Panama.
26 May 2006
As insecurity in Chad continues to make international headlines, WFP has urged the international community not to lose sight of the suffering of as many as 50,000 displaced people in the troubled northwest region of neighbouring Central African Republic.
12 May 2006
As violence continues to spread terror and displacement in the northwest of the Central African Republic, WFP has urged the international community to support its food operations in a region which is already volatile due to fighting in Chad and Sudan.
21 April 2006
WFP warns that any continuation or escalation in the current conflict in Chad could have serious implications for the humanitarian effort and leave thousands of people short of food in both eastern Chad and across the border in the troubled Sudanese region of Darfur.
21 February 2006
As the media and the humanitarian community focus on the spreading drought in the Horn of Africa, WFP is deeply concerned that more attention is needed to highlight the persistent problems faced by the world’s refugees – most of them in Africa.
16 January 2006
WFP calls on the international community to rally strongly behind its efforts to tackle hunger and poverty in West Africa, the poorest region of the world.
- Worsened security leads to further displacement in Central African Republic Source: Xinhua News
- Today’s Central African Republic: It Really Doesn’t Get Much Worse Than This Source: The Ottawa Citizen (Canada)
- Hatred festers as Muslims and Christians suffer in Central African Republic Source: Irish Times
- WFP Chief Calls for Humanitarian Intervention in CAR Source: VOA News
- In Central African Republic, a ‘very desperate situation’ in makeshift camps Source: PBS NewsHour
- Central African Republic Situation Report #41 25 June 2014
- C.A.R. Regional Impact Situation Report #4 25 June 2014
- République du Congo - WFP/UNHCR Mission d'évaluation conjointe de la sécurité alimentaire et vulnérabilité des ménages de réfugiés provenant de la République Centrafricaine vivant dans le Département de la Likouala, Mai 2014
- Central African Republic - FAO/WFP Markets and Food Security Assessment Mission, April 2014