21 February 2006
As the media and the humanitarian community focus on the spreading drought in the Horn of Africa, WFP is deeply concerned that more attention is needed to highlight the persistent problems faced by the world’s refugees – most of them in Africa.
16 January 2006
WFP calls on the international community to rally strongly behind its efforts to tackle hunger and poverty in West Africa, the poorest region of the world.
18 October 2005
Thousands of refugees who have fled random banditry and violence in the Central African Republic (CAR) are in urgent need of international assistance as they gather in and around camps in neighbouring Chad, WFP warns.
14 September 2005
- Worsened security leads to further displacement in Central African Republic Source: Xinhua News
- Today’s Central African Republic: It Really Doesn’t Get Much Worse Than This Source: The Ottawa Citizen (Canada)
- Hatred festers as Muslims and Christians suffer in Central African Republic Source: Irish Times
- WFP Chief Calls for Humanitarian Intervention in CAR Source: VOA News
- In Central African Republic, a ‘very desperate situation’ in makeshift camps Source: PBS NewsHour
- 24 October 2014 WFP River Convoy Carrying 1800 MT Of Rice Reaches Bangui
- 16 September 2014 Children Around The Globe Are Back At School, So Are WFP School Meals
- 8 September 2014 WFP's River Route For Food Going To C.A.R. Emergency