27 March 2006
Tens of thousands of people from the Central African Republic have sought refuge in neighbouring Chad over the past three years following violence and insecurity in their homeland. Marcus Prior tells us more about the waves of refugees who cross the border.
20 March 2006
Josephine Bongoa was banished from her home when her family discovered she had HIV. She and her daughter try to keep strong as they face the disease alone with anti-retroviral medication and WFP food aid distributed by the Complèxe Pédiatrique hospital in the Central African Republic.
- World Food Programme: Giving generously Source: The Economist
- U.N. Debates the Breadth of a Mission in the Central African Republic Source: The New York Times
- WFP trying to prevent a humanitarian catastrophe in Central African Republic Source: Vatican Radio
- Tensions High in CAR Town of Kaga Bandoro Source: VOA News
- WFP needs security to deliver food to 155,000 people in CAR Source: Afrique En Ligne
- 4 March 2014 Malnutrition Threatens Displaced Children In CAR
- 19 February 2014 Canada Donates Crucial Aid For Central African Republic