4 January 2009
Asked to name her favourite subject at school, seven-year-old Guivinciane Nguinghaza's response is worth a thousand words. "My favourite subject is corn meal," she whispers through the fingers of one hand, while the other holds on to her father Emmanuel.
25 July 2007
Refugees fleeing Darfur are moving across the border into Central African Republic opening another front in the complex and deadly crisis, WFP spokesperson Marcus Prior reports.
8 February 2007
As crises across Africa continue to dominate the humanitarian agenda, WFP has warmly welcomed a contribution from Turkey of US$ 2 million, for its operations in eight countries where millions face daily food shortages due to drought, floods, disease or conflict.
30 November 2006
Fear and violence hold the people of the fertile Central African Republic hostage to hunger. Marcus Prior travels down a road of charred remains and looks at the great irony: how hunger and plenty can exist side by side.
10 May 2006
Deputy Foreign Minister Evripidis Stylianidis has announced a new donation of €1.2 million and signed an agreement with WFP reinforcing Greece’s increasing commitment to meet humanitarian needs around the globe.
27 March 2006
Tens of thousands of people from the Central African Republic have sought refuge in neighbouring Chad over the past three years following violence and insecurity in their homeland. Marcus Prior tells us more about the waves of refugees who cross the border.
20 March 2006
Josephine Bongoa was banished from her home when her family discovered she had HIV. She and her daughter try to keep strong as they face the disease alone with anti-retroviral medication and WFP food aid distributed by the Complèxe Pédiatrique hospital in the Central African Republic.
- Worsened security leads to further displacement in Central African Republic Source: Xinhua News
- Today’s Central African Republic: It Really Doesn’t Get Much Worse Than This Source: The Ottawa Citizen (Canada)
- Hatred festers as Muslims and Christians suffer in Central African Republic Source: Irish Times
- WFP Chief Calls for Humanitarian Intervention in CAR Source: VOA News
- In Central African Republic, a ‘very desperate situation’ in makeshift camps Source: PBS NewsHour
- 16 April 2014 Crisis In Central African Republic
- 7 April 2014 Central African Republic's Economy On Its Knees
- 28 March 2014 Central African Republic Can't Wait, Says WFP Head
- 20 March 2014 'We Will Not Forget You,' WFP Head Tells CAR's Displaced