1 December 2011
WFP has been providing food at the Caritas health centre in the rural area of Bohong, Ouham Pende in the north-west of Central African Republic since 2006. The area was the scene of conflicts between armed political groups and the government as well as bandits, causing many people to leave their homes.
15 September 2011
In early September, WFP nutrition focal points and their government counterparts from 18 countries across West Africa gathered in Dakar for a four-day workshop.
4 January 2009
Asked to name her favourite subject at school, seven-year-old Guivinciane Nguinghaza's response is worth a thousand words. "My favourite subject is corn meal," she whispers through the fingers of one hand, while the other holds on to her father Emmanuel.
25 July 2007
Refugees fleeing Darfur are moving across the border into Central African Republic opening another front in the complex and deadly crisis, WFP spokesperson Marcus Prior reports.
8 February 2007
As crises across Africa continue to dominate the humanitarian agenda, WFP has warmly welcomed a contribution from Turkey of US$ 2 million, for its operations in eight countries where millions face daily food shortages due to drought, floods, disease or conflict.
30 November 2006
Fear and violence hold the people of the fertile Central African Republic hostage to hunger. Marcus Prior travels down a road of charred remains and looks at the great irony: how hunger and plenty can exist side by side.
10 May 2006
Deputy Foreign Minister Evripidis Stylianidis has announced a new donation of €1.2 million and signed an agreement with WFP reinforcing Greece’s increasing commitment to meet humanitarian needs around the globe.
27 March 2006
Tens of thousands of people from the Central African Republic have sought refuge in neighbouring Chad over the past three years following violence and insecurity in their homeland. Marcus Prior tells us more about the waves of refugees who cross the border.
20 March 2006
Josephine Bongoa was banished from her home when her family discovered she had HIV. She and her daughter try to keep strong as they face the disease alone with anti-retroviral medication and WFP food aid distributed by the Complèxe Pédiatrique hospital in the Central African Republic.
- Worsened security leads to further displacement in Central African Republic Source: Xinhua News
- Today’s Central African Republic: It Really Doesn’t Get Much Worse Than This Source: The Ottawa Citizen (Canada)
- Hatred festers as Muslims and Christians suffer in Central African Republic Source: Irish Times
- WFP Chief Calls for Humanitarian Intervention in CAR Source: VOA News
- In Central African Republic, a ‘very desperate situation’ in makeshift camps Source: PBS NewsHour
- Central African Republic Situation Report #41 25 June 2014
- C.A.R. Regional Impact Situation Report #4 25 June 2014
- République du Congo - WFP/UNHCR Mission d'évaluation conjointe de la sécurité alimentaire et vulnérabilité des ménages de réfugiés provenant de la République Centrafricaine vivant dans le Département de la Likouala, Mai 2014
- Central African Republic - FAO/WFP Markets and Food Security Assessment Mission, April 2014
- 16 September 2014 Children Around The Globe Are Back At School, So Are WFP School Meals
- 8 September 2014 WFP's River Route For Food Going To C.A.R. Emergency
- 10 July 2014 Cameroon: A Day In The Life of a C.A.R. Refugee