13 January 2009
DAKAR – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) said today that convoys bringing food to more than 250,000 Sudanese refugees in Chad recently resumed from Libya through the Sahara desert in a push before the rainy season commences.
2 October 2008
More than 37,000 Chadian refugees who fled Ndjamena due to the fighting last weekend, received food aid from the World Food Programme on Saturday in Kousseri, Northern Cameroon, just across the river from Ndjamena.
2 April 2008
WFP has warned that insecurity in Chad may disrupt the dispatch and arrival of food assistance for more than 400,000 Sudanese refugees and displaced Chadians unless the situation swiftly stabilizes.
16 October 2007
FAO has called for a renewed commitment to guarantee the right to food for the world's hundreds of millions of hungry people.
16 October 2007
Read UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon message to mark World Food Day, which this year promotes the Right to Food.
9 June 2007
WFP makes an urgent appeal today for US$81 million in new donations to mount another major food assistance and logistics project aimed at feeding more than 230,000 refugees and 150,000 internally displaced people in eastern Chad.
31 May 2007
WFP welcomes US government contributions in May totaling $32.4 million to feed people confronting critical humanitarian situations ranging from severe drought to conflict in Kenya, Chad, the Central African Republic, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Zimbabwe and Colombia.
14 May 2007
WFP thanks the Government of Libya for facilitating the transport of 14,000 metric tons of cereals through its territory to Chad, where more than 200,000 Sudanese fleeing the conflict in neighbouring Darfur have taken refuge in camps in the north of the country and are desperately in need of assistance.
29 April 2007
The United Nations World Food Programme has made dramatic progress in reducing malnutrition in Ethiopia, Sudan and Chad but the achievements risk being diminished by constantly shifting security conditions, said WFP Executive Director Josette Sheeran today.
30 March 2007
WFP has today that thousands of Chadians are running out of food in the eastern border region with Sudan and face a desperate struggle to survive unless new donations meet the needs of a rising tide of people driven from their homes.
- Chad struggles to cope with refugees from conflict in Central African Republic Source: The Guardian
- Sahel food insecurity threatens 10 million people in 2013 Source: Reuters/AlertNet
- Sahel: Malnourished to remain above one million in 2013 Source: IRIN
- At meeting in Rome, UN officials stress link between food security and peace in Sahel Source: UN News Centre
- Building Resilience Key to Restoring Sahel Food Security Source: VOA News
- Seasonal Monitor
- Annual Synthesis of Operations Evaluations (June 2013 - July 2014)
- Tchad - Etude des marchés des céréales en relation avec la sécurité alimentaire, les programmes de transferts monétaires et les achats locaux, Mars 2014
- Chad PRRO 200289 Targeted Food Assistance for Refugees and Vulnerable People Affected by Malnutrition and Recurrent Food Crises (2012-2013): An Operation Evaluation