2 January 2007
WFP has condemned a kidnapping and armed attack on a WFP-contracted convoy in Eastern Chad early on Sunday (28 January).
27 November 2006
The UN refugee agency and WFP have appealed for the rapid restoration of order in volatile eastern Chad following weekend unrest in which mobs looted warehouses storing vital aid supplies for hundreds of thousands of Darfurian refugees and Chadians.
12 May 2006
WFP has warned that humanitarian operations in eastern Chad are becoming increasingly difficult, with periodic fighting forcing the agency to temporarily suspend all non-emergency activities in parts of the troubled region.
21 April 2006
WFP warns that any continuation or escalation in the current conflict in Chad could have serious implications for the humanitarian effort and leave thousands of people short of food in both eastern Chad and across the border in the troubled Sudanese region of Darfur.
18 April 2006
WFP welcomes its first ever contribution from the Government of the Libyan Arab Jamahiriya.
13 April 2006
WFP has begun relocating all non-essential UN and NGO staff and their families from N’djamena.
24 March 2006
WFP warns that an escalation of the violence that has forced thousands of people from their homes along the Chadian border with Sudan’s Darfur region could seriously impede humanitarian assistance.
5 March 2006
Amid rising tensions and reported preparations for armed attacks in Chad, WFP warned on election day that food is becoming a serious issue for some 70,000 people who have either fled the continuous armed incursions in the east of the country or are resident there.
21 February 2006
As the media and the humanitarian community focus on the spreading drought in the Horn of Africa, WFP is deeply concerned that more attention is needed to highlight the persistent problems faced by the world’s refugees – most of them in Africa.
16 January 2006
WFP calls on the international community to rally strongly behind its efforts to tackle hunger and poverty in West Africa, the poorest region of the world.
- Chad struggles to cope with refugees from conflict in Central African Republic Source: The Guardian
- Sahel food insecurity threatens 10 million people in 2013 Source: Reuters/AlertNet
- Sahel: Malnourished to remain above one million in 2013 Source: IRIN
- At meeting in Rome, UN officials stress link between food security and peace in Sahel Source: UN News Centre
- Building Resilience Key to Restoring Sahel Food Security Source: VOA News
- Seasonal Monitor
- Tchad - Etude des marchés des céréales en relation avec la sécurité alimentaire, les programmes de transferts monétaires et les achats locaux, Mars 2014
- Chad PRRO 200289 Targeted Food Assistance for Refugees and Vulnerable People Affected by Malnutrition and Recurrent Food Crises (2012-2013): An Operation Evaluation
- TChad - Evaluation de la Sécurité Alimentaire des ménages ruraux dans les zones sahélienne et soudanienne du Tchad, Novembre 2013