9 January 2004
N\'Djamena - WFP appeals for US$12 million to expand its special feeding in refugee camps in Chad to save tens of thousands of children under the age of five as well as pregnant and nursing women driven from their homes in the Darfur region of western Sudan.
- Chad struggles to cope with refugees from conflict in Central African Republic Source: The Guardian
- Sahel food insecurity threatens 10 million people in 2013 Source: Reuters/AlertNet
- Sahel: Malnourished to remain above one million in 2013 Source: IRIN
- At meeting in Rome, UN officials stress link between food security and peace in Sahel Source: UN News Centre
- Building Resilience Key to Restoring Sahel Food Security Source: VOA News