21 January 2013
The World Food Programme and the Colombian Ministry of Health plan to launch the first national contest to recognize and disseminate popular practices, habits and knowledge about health, nutrition and feeding. (..) According to Praveen Agrawal, WFP representative in Colombia, the goal of this activity is to “change the idea that food security can only improve through large and expensive programs.”
18 July 2012
Each year about 5,000 children in the Department will improve their nutrition, through a cooperation agreement signed between the Government of the Department of the Atlantic and the United Nations World Food Programme.
4 May 2011
The United Nations humanitarian arm is voicing concern about the situation in Colombia, where a new rainy season is wreaking havoc at a time when many areas have not yet recovered from last season’s devastating floods. (..) A food security assessment conducted by the UN World Food Programme (WFP) earlier this year found that the food security and nutrition situation in flood-affected areas have deteriorated sharply, with many households along the Caribbean and Pacific coasts – among the hardest-hit areas – reducing their number of daily meals to two or even one.
8 January 2010
Colombia received US$536 million in international aid in 2009, the Presidential Agency for Social Action announced Thursday. (..) International bodies that have donated money to Colombia include the World Food Program (..).
29 January 2009
Colombia has suffered through a decades-long conflict between the government and anti-government insurgent groups such as the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia (FARC). The anti-government forces are heavily involved in drug trafficking. Children are the hardest hit by the conflict and poverty in the country. The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) runs school feeding programs to help the children of Colombia. David Parra, a WFP officer in Colombia, discusses these life-changing programs for children.
- El Espectador (Colombia) - In Search for the Perfect Recipe to Quell Hunger [in Spanish] Source: El Espectador (Colombia)
- WFP to improve the nutrition in the Department of the Atlantic Source: El Heraldo (Colombia)
- Colombia: UN sounds alarm about fresh floods in regions already suffering Source: UN News Centre
- US$500 million international aid to Colombia in 2009 Source: Colombia Reports
- Interview: David Parra, World Food Programme Officer, Colombia Source: BlogCritics Magazine
- 26 April 2013 WFP Executive Director Visits Panama
- 24 October 2012 WFP Country Directors Hold Regional Meeting in Colombia
- 25 September 2012 WFP Executive Board visit to Colombia
- 5 October 2010 Angela goes home