4 May 2011
The United Nations humanitarian arm is voicing concern about the situation in Colombia, where a new rainy season is wreaking havoc at a time when many areas have not yet recovered from last season’s devastating floods. (..) A food security assessment conducted by the UN World Food Programme (WFP) earlier this year found that the food security and nutrition situation in flood-affected areas have deteriorated sharply, with many households along the Caribbean and Pacific coasts – among the hardest-hit areas – reducing their number of daily meals to two or even one.
8 January 2010
Colombia received US$536 million in international aid in 2009, the Presidential Agency for Social Action announced Thursday. (..) International bodies that have donated money to Colombia include the World Food Program (..).
29 January 2009
Colombia has suffered through a decades-long conflict between the government and anti-government insurgent groups such as the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia (FARC). The anti-government forces are heavily involved in drug trafficking. Children are the hardest hit by the conflict and poverty in the country. The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) runs school feeding programs to help the children of Colombia. David Parra, a WFP officer in Colombia, discusses these life-changing programs for children.
- Four out of ten children suffer from chronic malnutrition in Colombia Source: Bluradio
- Increasing Breastfeeding to prevent malnutrition: Ministry of Health Source: El Heraldo (Colombia)
- WFP Participates in Social Responsability Panel Source: Corresponsables.com
- Colombia: Displaced, Founder, and Entrepreneur Source: World Food Program
- UN Radio Interviews WFP Colombia Deputy Director Source: anaemia
- 27 August 2014 Colombia: Improving Food Security in La Guajira
- 26 April 2013 WFP Executive Director Visits Panama
- 24 October 2012 WFP Country Directors Hold Regional Meeting in Colombia