27 November 2010
BOGOTA – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) announced today that it will assist 31,000 people affected by the worst rainy season recorded in recent decades. Heavy rain has affected more than half of the territory and 28 of the 32 departments of the country.
14 February 2008
WFP and the Colombian Government have agreed to implement a US$157-million joint operation to provide food and other humanitarian assistance to more than 530,000 displaced people annually in the country over the next three years.
16 October 2007
FAO has called for a renewed commitment to guarantee the right to food for the world's hundreds of millions of hungry people.
16 October 2007
Read UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon message to mark World Food Day, which this year promotes the Right to Food.
31 May 2007
WFP welcomes US government contributions in May totaling $32.4 million to feed people confronting critical humanitarian situations ranging from severe drought to conflict in Kenya, Chad, the Central African Republic, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Zimbabwe and Colombia.
8 February 2007
Severe weather in Latin America - floods in Colombia and a deadly cold snap in Peru -has left nearly 100,000 of some of the continent’s poorest people in need of emergency food assistance, WFP has said.
4 December 2005
Yokohama - The Government of Japan confirmed today a contribution of US$ 1.4 million to WFP to help feed the hungry poor in Myanmar, Colombia, and Eritrea.
5 October 2005
Bogota - Millions of people displaced by years of conflict in Colombia are living in conditions of severe poverty and are in urgent need of humanitarian assistance just to cover their basic needs, according to a report by WFP and the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC).
30 September 2005
14 August 2005
Barcelona Soccer\'s reigning World Player of the Year Ronaldinho, the charismatic Brazilian renowned for his smile and his ability to score jaw-dropping goals, is to use his global celebrity to help WFP in its fight against child hunger, the agency announces.
- Vice-Minister Morales Meets with International Cooperation Delegates Source: Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Colombia)
- El Espectador (Colombia) - In Search for the Perfect Recipe to Quell Hunger [in Spanish] Source: El Espectador (Colombia)
- WFP to improve the nutrition in the Department of the Atlantic Source: El Heraldo (Colombia)
- Colombia: UN sounds alarm about fresh floods in regions already suffering Source: UN News Centre
- US$500 million international aid to Colombia in 2009 Source: Colombia Reports
- 26 April 2013 WFP Executive Director Visits Panama
- 24 October 2012 WFP Country Directors Hold Regional Meeting in Colombia
- 25 September 2012 WFP Executive Board visit to Colombia
- 5 October 2010 Angela goes home