7 November 2011
The Centre of Excellence, located in the capital city of Brasilia, will assist governments in Africa, Asia, and Latin America by drawing upon the expertise of WFP and Brazil in the fight against hunger, while promoting sustainable school feeding models and other food and nutrition safety nets from across the world.
27 November 2010
BOGOTA – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) announced today that it will assist 31,000 people affected by the worst rainy season recorded in recent decades. Heavy rain has affected more than half of the territory and 28 of the 32 departments of the country.
14 February 2008
WFP and the Colombian Government have agreed to implement a US$157-million joint operation to provide food and other humanitarian assistance to more than 530,000 displaced people annually in the country over the next three years.
16 October 2007
FAO has called for a renewed commitment to guarantee the right to food for the world's hundreds of millions of hungry people.
16 October 2007
Read UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon message to mark World Food Day, which this year promotes the Right to Food.
31 May 2007
WFP welcomes US government contributions in May totaling $32.4 million to feed people confronting critical humanitarian situations ranging from severe drought to conflict in Kenya, Chad, the Central African Republic, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Zimbabwe and Colombia.
8 February 2007
Severe weather in Latin America - floods in Colombia and a deadly cold snap in Peru -has left nearly 100,000 of some of the continent’s poorest people in need of emergency food assistance, WFP has said.
4 December 2005
Yokohama - The Government of Japan confirmed today a contribution of US$ 1.4 million to WFP to help feed the hungry poor in Myanmar, Colombia, and Eritrea.
5 October 2005
Bogota - Millions of people displaced by years of conflict in Colombia are living in conditions of severe poverty and are in urgent need of humanitarian assistance just to cover their basic needs, according to a report by WFP and the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC).
30 September 2005
- WFP Participates in Social Responsability Panel Source: Corresponsables.com
- Colombia: Displaced, Founder, and Entrepreneur Source: World Food Program
- UN Radio Interviews WFP Colombia Deputy Director Source: anaemia
- WFP and the Ministry of Health launched a program to reduce anemia in children from 6 to 24 months Source: El Tiempo
- Food for Training for Displaced Persons Source: Tu Semanario (Colombia)
- 26 April 2013 WFP Executive Director Visits Panama
- 24 October 2012 WFP Country Directors Hold Regional Meeting in Colombia
- 25 September 2012 WFP Executive Board visit to Colombia