31 May 2007
WFP welcomes US government contributions in May totaling $32.4 million to feed people confronting critical humanitarian situations ranging from severe drought to conflict in Kenya, Chad, the Central African Republic, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Zimbabwe and Colombia.
8 February 2007
Severe weather in Latin America - floods in Colombia and a deadly cold snap in Peru -has left nearly 100,000 of some of the continent’s poorest people in need of emergency food assistance, WFP has said.
4 December 2005
Yokohama - The Government of Japan confirmed today a contribution of US$ 1.4 million to WFP to help feed the hungry poor in Myanmar, Colombia, and Eritrea.
5 October 2005
Bogota - Millions of people displaced by years of conflict in Colombia are living in conditions of severe poverty and are in urgent need of humanitarian assistance just to cover their basic needs, according to a report by WFP and the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC).
30 September 2005
14 August 2005
Barcelona Soccer\'s reigning World Player of the Year Ronaldinho, the charismatic Brazilian renowned for his smile and his ability to score jaw-dropping goals, is to use his global celebrity to help WFP in its fight against child hunger, the agency announces.
19 May 2005
Panama At the request of the Government of Panama, WFP is supporting a two-day Regional Technical Consultation meeting to coordinate the agendas of the fight against hunger and malnutrition in Latin America and the Caribbean.
20 December 2004
Bogota As insecurity continues to rise in northern Colombia, increasing the number of internally displaced people, WFP appeals for US$1.2 million to cover the immediate needs of 350,000 internally displaced persons (IDPs), civilian victims of years of military strife in the country.
15 March 2004
Bogota- A senior WFP official expresses his concern about the plight of two million people who have become internally displaced persons (IDPs) due to armed conflict.
- El Espectador (Colombia) - In Search for the Perfect Recipe to Quell Hunger [in Spanish] Source: El Espectador (Colombia)
- WFP to improve the nutrition in the Department of the Atlantic Source: El Heraldo (Colombia)
- Colombia: UN sounds alarm about fresh floods in regions already suffering Source: UN News Centre
- US$500 million international aid to Colombia in 2009 Source: Colombia Reports
- Interview: David Parra, World Food Programme Officer, Colombia Source: BlogCritics Magazine
- 26 April 2013 WFP Executive Director Visits Panama
- 24 October 2012 WFP Country Directors Hold Regional Meeting in Colombia
- 25 September 2012 WFP Executive Board visit to Colombia
- 5 October 2010 Angela goes home