23 December 2008
WFP has launched an emergency operation to assist 30,000 people in different parts of the country which have been badly affected by flooding and avalanches caused by the eruption of a volcano.
14 February 2008
WFP staff often face challenges that call for quiet and persistent acts of bravery. Maria Lucia Osorio is one of those people. She tells WFP's Heather Hill what it's like helping Colombia's displaced rebuild their shattered lives.
28 September 2007
WFP has welcomed US government contributions in September totaling US$110.7 million for the hungry poor in 11 countries from Latin America to Asia. Nearly half the resources were targeted to Sudan, home to WFP’s single-largest operation in the world.
30 March 2007
The Government of the Netherlands has made its first-ever multi-year donation to WFP, committing Euro 27.2 million each year from 2007 until 2009.
13 March 2007
A contribution of more than US$395,000 from the Government of Spain to WFP will allow the UN agency to continue providing humanitarian assistance to almost 8,000 Colombian nationals in Ecuador who have fled the conflict in their home country.
28 October 2005
- El Espectador (Colombia) - In Search for the Perfect Recipe to Quell Hunger [in Spanish] Source: El Espectador (Colombia)
- WFP to improve the nutrition in the Department of the Atlantic Source: El Heraldo (Colombia)
- Colombia: UN sounds alarm about fresh floods in regions already suffering Source: UN News Centre
- US$500 million international aid to Colombia in 2009 Source: Colombia Reports
- Interview: David Parra, World Food Programme Officer, Colombia Source: BlogCritics Magazine
- 26 April 2013 WFP Executive Director Visits Panama
- 24 October 2012 WFP Country Directors Hold Regional Meeting in Colombia
- 25 September 2012 WFP Executive Board visit to Colombia
- 5 October 2010 Angela goes home