Androsi Devi with her two children outside their makeshift shelter in Lagabo.
Copyright: WFP/David Orr
The latest mass displacement of civilians in DRC is taking place in a remote area of Orientale province near the border with Uganda. As many as 200,000 have been driven from their homes by fighting. WFP is reaching many of them with food assistance but lack of funding means there are not enough stocks to provide for all.
- 6 March 2014 Food Assistance to CAR Refugees in Northern DRC
- 4 December 2013 WFP Forced To Cut Food Assistance In DR Congo
- 3 December 2013 Thousands Forced From Homes In South Irumu, DR Congo
- 3 December 2013 WFP Forced to Reduce Food Assistance in DRC (For The Media)
- 22 April 2013 Land of Bounty in South East of DRC
- 3 January 2013 Families In DR Congo Return Home As Violence Subsides
- 22 December 2012 Home After The Fighting In Eastern DR Congo
- 3 March 2014 WFP Delivers Vital Food To Conflict-Affected People In Eastern DRC’s Remote Beni Region
- 25 February 2014 WFP Warns Of Regional Crisis Due To Mass Exodus From Violent Central African Republic
- 27 January 2014 More Support Needed To Cover Humanitarian Needs In DR Congo, UNICEF, UNHCR and WFP Top Officials Warn