Pappy Chimalamungo, ex-Child Soldier now Social Educator in Bukavu
Copyright: WFP/Djaounsede Pardon Madjiangar
The protracted armed conflict in DRC which has claimed hundreds of thousands of lives continues to negatively affect wellbeing and social development of children, especially those who were forced to pick up the weapon and fight for their lives. For those children, transitioning from child soldier to normal life is another struggle. To help them through, WFP works with UN and NGO partners to build trust and help the children get back on their feet. Pappy Chimalamungo, former child soldier tells us how a child soldier’s life can be transformed!
- 22 July 2014 Searching for Safety in Democratic Republic of Congo
- 27 June 2014 WFP Calling: What Did You Eat Today?
- 10 June 2014 Supporting Victims Of Sexual Violence In DR Congo
- 6 June 2014 How WFP, FAO And IFAD Fight Hunger in D.R. Congo
- 13 March 2014 Refugees From CAR Spill Into Neighbouring Congo
- 7 March 2014 Food Assistance to CAR Refugees in Northern DRC
- 4 December 2013 WFP Forced To Cut Food Assistance In DR Congo
- 3 December 2013 Thousands Forced From Homes In South Irumu, DR Congo