16 July 2008
WFP warned today that greater numbers of people fleeing fighting in the eastern Democratic Republic of Congo were stretching the agency’s resources to the limit as thousands gather in camps in search of safety.
11 May 2008
WFP today began food distributions to more than 135,000 displaced people in six camps around Goma in the eastern Democratic Republic of Congo.
16 October 2007
FAO has called for a renewed commitment to guarantee the right to food for the world's hundreds of millions of hungry people.
16 October 2007
Read UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon message to mark World Food Day, which this year promotes the Right to Food.
28 September 2007
WFP is profiting from improved security conditions in the North Kivu province of the Democratic Republic of Congo to deliver vital food supplies to people forced from their homes by recent fighting and who until now have been beyond WFP’s reach. Concerns remain for those who are still cut off from humanitarian assistance.
14 September 2007
WFP has warned that though many of the tens of thousands of people displaced by fighting in eastern Democratic Republic of Congo in recent days have now received emergency rations, there are serious concerns for those who remain beyond its reach do to insecurity.
1 September 2007
The latest donation to assist the war-ravaged people of the Democratic Republic of Congo comes from the Government of Greece, which last year increased its contributions to a record € 3.3 million (US$4.2 million) to WFP to fight global hunger.
9 July 2007
WFP has expressed alarm at an upsurge in fighting in North Kivu province of the Democratic Republic of the Congo that is hampering efforts to deliver food assistance to tens of thousands of people driven from their homes.
29 June 2007
The United Nations World Food Program (WFP) on Friday welcomed US government contributions in June totaling $62 million to feed people confronting humanitarian crises across 13 countries in Africa and one in Asia.
31 May 2007
WFP welcomes US government contributions in May totaling $32.4 million to feed people confronting critical humanitarian situations ranging from severe drought to conflict in Kenya, Chad, the Central African Republic, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Zimbabwe and Colombia.
- UN says widespread food aid cutbacks loom in Congo, affecting hundreds of thousands Source: Fox News
- In Uganda, UN and partners assist new refugees fleeing DR Congo fighting Source: UN News Centre
- Bridging the gap between relief and development in DRC Source: IRIN Africa
- Troops Mass in Fought-Over City, Raising Fear of New Violence in Congo Source: The New York Times
- WFP Provides Emergency Rations to Congo Refugees After Violence Source: Bloomberg Businessweek
- 6 March 2014 Food Assistance to CAR Refugees in Northern DRC
- 4 December 2013 WFP Forced To Cut Food Assistance In DR Congo
- 3 December 2013 Thousands Forced From Homes In South Irumu, DR Congo