9 July 2007
WFP has expressed alarm at an upsurge in fighting in North Kivu province of the Democratic Republic of the Congo that is hampering efforts to deliver food assistance to tens of thousands of people driven from their homes.
29 June 2007
The United Nations World Food Program (WFP) on Friday welcomed US government contributions in June totaling $62 million to feed people confronting humanitarian crises across 13 countries in Africa and one in Asia.
31 May 2007
WFP welcomes US government contributions in May totaling $32.4 million to feed people confronting critical humanitarian situations ranging from severe drought to conflict in Kenya, Chad, the Central African Republic, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Zimbabwe and Colombia.
24 April 2007
Thousands of civilians have fled renewed fighting in the north eastern region of the Democratic Republic of Congo where WFP and UN Refugee Agency (UNHCR), are working together to alleviate suffering among the local population.
13 October 2006
A train loaded with a total of 587 metric tons of food aid has left Lubumbashi in the southeast of the Democratic Republic of Congo, in what is believed to be the largest amount of food aid dispatched on a single train in the DRC in years, the WFP said.
26 September 2006
WFP has recently started airlifting urgent food aid to eastern Democratic Republic of Congo, even though it has not received any funding pledges for 2007.
5 September 2006
WFP has said that its airdrops into Katanga Province, south-eastern Democratic Republic of Congo, had provided enough food aid for some 34,700 displaced people, but a severe lack of funds was preventing many more needy from being reached.
25 July 2006
In the run-up to the long-awaited elections, violence persists in eastern Democratic Republic of Congo, forcing tens of thousands of people to flee their homes yet again.
24 July 2006
WFP welcomes a 105 million euro donation by the European Commission for its global operations in 2006.
4 July 2006
WFP has said it has started dropping food aid from an aircraft into violence-wracked Katanga province in the southeast of the Democratic Republic of Congo – marking the agency’s first food aid airdrops outside Sudan since 1998.
- Troops Mass in Fought-Over City, Raising Fear of New Violence in Congo Source: The New York Times
- WFP Provides Emergency Rations to Congo Refugees After Violence Source: Bloomberg Businessweek
- Aid Workers Struggle To Provide Services In Congo Source: NPR
- Heavy clashes in eastern Democratic Republic of Congo as rebels enter Goma Source: CNN
- DRC: Thousands of displaced out of reach Source: IRIN
- 22 April 2013 Land of Bounty in South East of DRC
- 3 January 2013 Families In DR Congo Return Home As Violence Subsides
- 22 December 2012 Home After The Fighting In Eastern DR Congo