14 September 2007
WFP has warned that though many of the tens of thousands of people displaced by fighting in eastern Democratic Republic of Congo in recent days have now received emergency rations, there are serious concerns for those who remain beyond its reach do to insecurity.
1 September 2007
The latest donation to assist the war-ravaged people of the Democratic Republic of Congo comes from the Government of Greece, which last year increased its contributions to a record € 3.3 million (US$4.2 million) to WFP to fight global hunger.
9 July 2007
WFP has expressed alarm at an upsurge in fighting in North Kivu province of the Democratic Republic of the Congo that is hampering efforts to deliver food assistance to tens of thousands of people driven from their homes.
29 June 2007
The United Nations World Food Program (WFP) on Friday welcomed US government contributions in June totaling $62 million to feed people confronting humanitarian crises across 13 countries in Africa and one in Asia.
31 May 2007
WFP welcomes US government contributions in May totaling $32.4 million to feed people confronting critical humanitarian situations ranging from severe drought to conflict in Kenya, Chad, the Central African Republic, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Zimbabwe and Colombia.
24 April 2007
Thousands of civilians have fled renewed fighting in the north eastern region of the Democratic Republic of Congo where WFP and UN Refugee Agency (UNHCR), are working together to alleviate suffering among the local population.
13 October 2006
A train loaded with a total of 587 metric tons of food aid has left Lubumbashi in the southeast of the Democratic Republic of Congo, in what is believed to be the largest amount of food aid dispatched on a single train in the DRC in years, the WFP said.
26 September 2006
WFP has recently started airlifting urgent food aid to eastern Democratic Republic of Congo, even though it has not received any funding pledges for 2007.
5 September 2006
WFP has said that its airdrops into Katanga Province, south-eastern Democratic Republic of Congo, had provided enough food aid for some 34,700 displaced people, but a severe lack of funds was preventing many more needy from being reached.
25 July 2006
In the run-up to the long-awaited elections, violence persists in eastern Democratic Republic of Congo, forcing tens of thousands of people to flee their homes yet again.
- UN says widespread food aid cutbacks loom in Congo, affecting hundreds of thousands Source: Fox News
- In Uganda, UN and partners assist new refugees fleeing DR Congo fighting Source: UN News Centre
- Bridging the gap between relief and development in DRC Source: IRIN Africa
- Troops Mass in Fought-Over City, Raising Fear of New Violence in Congo Source: The New York Times
- WFP Provides Emergency Rations to Congo Refugees After Violence Source: Bloomberg Businessweek
- 22 July 2014 Searching for Safety in Democratic Republic of Congo
- 27 June 2014 WFP Calling: What Did You Eat Today?
- 10 June 2014 Supporting Victims Of Sexual Violence In DR Congo