3 July 2006
WFP has chosen the theme of “Partnering with Men to Achieve Gender Equality” for this year’s International Women’s Day (IWD), to stress the importance of the two sexes working together to improve women’s lives around the world.
24 February 2006
The heads of three of the United Nations largest humanitarian agencies are embarking on their first joint mission to visit their common operations.
21 February 2006
As the media and the humanitarian community focus on the spreading drought in the Horn of Africa, WFP is deeply concerned that more attention is needed to highlight the persistent problems faced by the world’s refugees – most of them in Africa.
14 February 2006
WFP food aid is being flown from the United Nations Mission in the Democratic Republic of Congo (MONUC) for thousands of people fleeing fighting in Katanga Province of the eastern DRC.
3 February 2006
The heads of three of the largest UN humanitarian agencies urge the international community to match political progress in the Great Lakes region with a new commitment to end the suffering of the millions of people forgotten by the rest of the world.
27 October 2005
As the world focuses on a series of massive natural disasters and the spread of avian influenza, hunger in Africa has quietly climbed to an all-time high, threatening to destabilize much of the continent, warns James T. Morris, Executive Director of WFP.
12 September 2005
18 August 2005
Brussels - WFP welcomes a cash donation of five million euros from Belgium which will allow the agency to provide urgently needed food to the Democratic Republic of Congo, Tanzania, Niger, Mali, South Sudan, Zimbabwe and Malawi.
29 July 2005
Kinshasa - To help bring peace to the war-torn Democratic Republic of Congo, WFP announces that it will extend a vital operation to provide food rations to demobilized combatants and their families, as well as meeting the continuing needs of newly displaced people in the east.
18 March 2005
Yokohama WFP welcomes an aid package of some JPY 1.954 billion (US$ 19 million) from the Japanese Government to assist refugees, internally displaced persons and victims of natural disasters and poverty in Africa, the Middle East, Latin America, Eastern Europe and the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS).
- Troops Mass in Fought-Over City, Raising Fear of New Violence in Congo Source: The New York Times
- WFP Provides Emergency Rations to Congo Refugees After Violence Source: Bloomberg Businessweek
- Aid Workers Struggle To Provide Services In Congo Source: NPR
- Heavy clashes in eastern Democratic Republic of Congo as rebels enter Goma Source: CNN
- DRC: Thousands of displaced out of reach Source: IRIN
- 22 April 2013 Land of Bounty in South East of DRC
- 3 January 2013 Families In DR Congo Return Home As Violence Subsides
- 22 December 2012 Home After The Fighting In Eastern DR Congo