3 December 2004
Nairobi / Kinshasa Severe food shortages and malnutrition will continue to plague hundreds of thousands of people in the Democratic Republic of Congo unless insecurity comes to an end, warns Sheila Sisulu, the Deputy Executive Director of WFP.
6 April 2004
Kinshasa/Bukavu WFP appeals for an end to looting and attacks against its offices in the Democratic Republic of Congo, saying that the violence has forced the temporary suspension of its aid operations in many parts of the central African country.
- Troops Mass in Fought-Over City, Raising Fear of New Violence in Congo Source: The New York Times
- WFP Provides Emergency Rations to Congo Refugees After Violence Source: Bloomberg Businessweek
- Aid Workers Struggle To Provide Services In Congo Source: NPR
- Heavy clashes in eastern Democratic Republic of Congo as rebels enter Goma Source: CNN
- DRC: Thousands of displaced out of reach Source: IRIN
- 22 April 2013 Land of Bounty in South East of DRC
- 3 January 2013 Families In DR Congo Return Home As Violence Subsides
- 22 December 2012 Home After The Fighting In Eastern DR Congo