18 March 2005
Yokohama WFP welcomes an aid package of some JPY 1.954 billion (US$ 19 million) from the Japanese Government to assist refugees, internally displaced persons and victims of natural disasters and poverty in Africa, the Middle East, Latin America, Eastern Europe and the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS).
14 December 2004
Kinshasa WFP warns that unless it receives new funds by New Year for the Democratic Republic of Congo, it will be forced to cut by 30 percent the number of people provided with life-saving food aid and reduce the remaining beneficiaries\' food rations by half.
3 December 2004
Nairobi / Kinshasa Severe food shortages and malnutrition will continue to plague hundreds of thousands of people in the Democratic Republic of Congo unless insecurity comes to an end, warns Sheila Sisulu, the Deputy Executive Director of WFP.
6 April 2004
Kinshasa/Bukavu WFP appeals for an end to looting and attacks against its offices in the Democratic Republic of Congo, saying that the violence has forced the temporary suspension of its aid operations in many parts of the central African country.
- UN says widespread food aid cutbacks loom in Congo, affecting hundreds of thousands Source: Fox News
- In Uganda, UN and partners assist new refugees fleeing DR Congo fighting Source: UN News Centre
- Bridging the gap between relief and development in DRC Source: IRIN Africa
- Troops Mass in Fought-Over City, Raising Fear of New Violence in Congo Source: The New York Times
- WFP Provides Emergency Rations to Congo Refugees After Violence Source: Bloomberg Businessweek
- 22 July 2014 Searching for Safety in Democratic Republic of Congo
- 27 June 2014 WFP Calling: What Did You Eat Today?
- 10 June 2014 Supporting Victims Of Sexual Violence In DR Congo