12 November 2008
Goma, 12 November 2008 - The latest from the WFP team in Goma, eastern DRC:
10 November 2008
Goma, 10 November 2008 - The latest from the WFP team in Goma, eastern DRC:
6 November 2008
Charles Vincent was WFP’s Country Director in DRC until a few weeks ago. In this interview he talks about the situation in DRC now and the background to it. He spoke with us in Geneva, where he now heads the WFP liaison office to the UN.
3 November 2008
WFP on Monday took part in a multi-agency overnight assessment mission to Rutshuru town and outlying areas. The mission was expected to return to Goma on Tuesday. The results of the assessment will inform WFP’s response over the next few days.
28 October 2008
These are troubled times in eastern Congo. Violent clashes since late August in the hinterland outside the provincial capital may have displaced as many as 200,000 people and have now resulted in temporary no-go zones for humanitarian deliveries.
16 July 2008
This is the world of the displaced in North Kivu, a mesmerising sweep of volcanoes of lakes in eastern Congo, but also the home to human suffering on a catastrophic scale as violence continues to force thousands from their homes.
6 December 2007
An upsurge in fighting in the eastern Democratic Republic Province of North Kivu forces the World Food Programme (WFP) to suspend all movement outside the provincial capital Goma, threatening aid deliveries to some 335,000 displaced people, writes spokesperson Marcus Prior.
28 September 2007
WFP has welcomed US government contributions in September totaling US$110.7 million for the hungry poor in 11 countries from Latin America to Asia. Nearly half the resources were targeted to Sudan, home to WFP’s single-largest operation in the world.
19 September 2007
From West to East, some 1.5 million people have been caught in Africa's worst floods in decades. Use our quick guide to see how WFP is responding, region by region, country by country.
13 September 2007
The fragile peace in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) has been shaken by fresh fighting. WFP spokesperson Marcus Prior reports from the city of Goma in eastern DRC where tens of thousands of people have fled the unrest.
- UN says widespread food aid cutbacks loom in Congo, affecting hundreds of thousands Source: Fox News
- In Uganda, UN and partners assist new refugees fleeing DR Congo fighting Source: UN News Centre
- Bridging the gap between relief and development in DRC Source: IRIN Africa
- Troops Mass in Fought-Over City, Raising Fear of New Violence in Congo Source: The New York Times
- WFP Provides Emergency Rations to Congo Refugees After Violence Source: Bloomberg Businessweek
- WFP Burundi Situation Report #6, 26 June 2015
- WFP Burundi Crisis Regional Impact Situation Report #05, 22 June 2015
- WFP Burundi Crisis egional Impact Situation Report #04, 15 June 2015
- Revolutionizing Data Collection - World Food Programme and Nielsen Use Scalable Mobile Surveys in Today's Changing Technological Landscape, June 2015