19 September 2007
From West to East, some 1.5 million people have been caught in Africa's worst floods in decades. Use our quick guide to see how WFP is responding, region by region, country by country.
13 September 2007
The fragile peace in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) has been shaken by fresh fighting. WFP spokesperson Marcus Prior reports from the city of Goma in eastern DRC where tens of thousands of people have fled the unrest.
7 September 2007
Rugby-World-Cup-winning captain Nick Farr-Jones describes how sports people around the world should have a natural empathy towards hungry people caught up in the world's humanitarian crises. This editorial first appeared in the South China Morning Post
27 July 2007
WFP has welcomed contributions of $104 million from the US government this month to feed the hungry poor in 15 countries.
6 July 2007
Ten countries where violence persists and populations live in fear. People in Hunger's Global Hotspots don't know what tomorrow will bring and they often have to rely on WFP for their next meal.
4 July 2007
In regions wracked by violence or submerged by floods, the first emergency is how to deliver enough food as quickly and efficiently as possible. Here are some of the crises counted among WFP's "global hotspots".
4 June 2007
WFP today welcomed a €5 million contribution from the European Commission’s Humanitarian Aid department (ECHO) that has staved off new cuts in rations for 273,000 refugees in Tanzanian camps.
24 April 2007
Martha was raped in a violent attack in DRC. She also suffered terrible burns when her hut caught fire. She doesn’t know where her husband is. She has one surviving child.
30 March 2007
WFP has warmly welcomed Poland’s increased support for WFP in addition to its firm commitment to boost contributions towards the eradication of hunger and poverty around the world.
8 March 2007
Imagine that your main dream is finding enough food to feed your children every day and your hopes focus on returning to the home from which you were forced to flee. To mark International Women's Day, three African women tell us about their thoughts, hopes and their daily lives.
- Troops Mass in Fought-Over City, Raising Fear of New Violence in Congo Source: The New York Times
- WFP Provides Emergency Rations to Congo Refugees After Violence Source: Bloomberg Businessweek
- Aid Workers Struggle To Provide Services In Congo Source: NPR
- Heavy clashes in eastern Democratic Republic of Congo as rebels enter Goma Source: CNN
- DRC: Thousands of displaced out of reach Source: IRIN
- 22 April 2013 Land of Bounty in South East of DRC
- 3 January 2013 Families In DR Congo Return Home As Violence Subsides
- 22 December 2012 Home After The Fighting In Eastern DR Congo