15 March 2010
The World Food Program has begun airlifting urgent food assistance to tens of thousands of Congolese refugees who fled the Democratic Republic of Congo into the neighboring Congo Republic. (..) "We have been using barges along the river and, in fact, there is currently a barge loaded with 250 tons of rice and corn soy blend, as well as medical kits and other help headed to these people. And, hopefully it will get to them in about a week from now," said Casella.
12 March 2010
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) Friday started to airlift urgent food assistance from Pointe Noire to Impfondo in Likouala province to reach tens of thousands of Congolese refugees from the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) who have moved into northern Republic of Congo (RoC).
2 March 2009
Thousands of vulnerable people in the Republic of Congo are expected to benefit from a three-year food and nutrition project. "This project will ensure the rights of very vulnerable populations to food and nutrition," said Lamin Manneh, the UN resident coordinator in the ROC. At least 800,000 children under-five, 160,000 pregnant and nursing women, as well as farmers and livestock keepers and children in 200 primary schools will benefit from the project. [...] The project is expected to help in fighting hunger, malnutrition and poverty by increasing agro-pastoral production and farming incomes. It will be implemented by the UN World Food Programme, UNICEF and FAO.
27 February 2009
The promise of a free meal at lunchtime has over the past few years seen up to 39,000 children going to school in the Republic of Congo, according to the UN World Food Programme (WFP). "Between 2002 and 2009 we've been feeding up to 39,000 children at 1,072 primary schools in the Congo, which has helped them to keep studying," Central Africa regional WFP assistant director Sory Ouane said. "With the help of the Congo [government] we will significantly increase this number in the future."
29 June 2006
Barely two weeks before presidential elections in the Republic of Congo, Marcel Kombo decided to send his wife and children away from Brazzaville. (..) Primary school enrolment, which used to be almost 100 percent, had by the end of the war dropped to less than 60 percent, according to the UN World Food Programme, which in May expanded its school-feeding programme in the Pool [region].
- WFP Airlifts Food To Congolese Refugees Source: VOA News (USA)
- WFP Airlifts Food To Congolese Refugees Source: Africa News
- Thousands to Benefit in Food and Nutrition Project Source: All Africa / IRIN
- Free Lunch Tempts Children Into School Source: All Africa / IRIN
- Congo-Brazzaville: 'Simmering Discontent' Ahead of Elections Source: All Africa
- Seasonal Monitor
- Annual Evaluation Report 2013
- République du Congo - WFP/UNHCR Mission d'évaluation conjointe de la sécurité alimentaire et vulnérabilité des ménages de réfugiés provenant de la République Centrafricaine vivant dans le Département de la Likouala, Mai 2014
- Republic of Congo: An evaluation of WFP's portfolio (2009–2012)