30 September 2015
Here are ten things to know to understand the global food and nutrition situation. Please help the World Food Programme (WFP) raise awareness by sharing these facts on Twitter.
8 April 2014
With fighting closing in around her family towards the end of last year, one woman tells of her flight from the Central African Republic...and how she sought refuge in the neighbouring Republic of Congo. With help from the humanitarian community, she and her charges have been able to survive what they hope is only temporary exile.
12 March 2010
WFP has started airlifting urgent food assistance into a remote northern region of the Republic of Congo in order to reach tens of thousands of refugees from the neighbouring Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) who have crossed the border to escape conflict.
27 May 2009
A new school feeding programme in the Pool province of the Republic of Congo is enough to persuade many poor parents to send their children to school.
16 December 2005
WFP welcomes an aid package totalling JPY 940 million (US$7.9 million) from the Japanese Government to assist millions of people affected by conflict and natural disasters in a total of five countries in Africa.
- WFP Airlifts Food To Congolese Refugees Source: VOA News (USA)
- WFP Airlifts Food To Congolese Refugees Source: Africa News
- Thousands to Benefit in Food and Nutrition Project Source: All Africa / IRIN
- Free Lunch Tempts Children Into School Source: All Africa / IRIN
- Congo-Brazzaville: 'Simmering Discontent' Ahead of Elections Source: All Africa