9 June 2009
16 October 2007
FAO has called for a renewed commitment to guarantee the right to food for the world's hundreds of millions of hungry people.
16 October 2007
Read UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon message to mark World Food Day, which this year promotes the Right to Food.
29 June 2007
The United Nations World Food Program (WFP) on Friday welcomed US government contributions in June totaling $62 million to feed people confronting humanitarian crises across 13 countries in Africa and one in Asia.
22 June 2007
WFP announces it is gradually shifting from emergency assistance to Food for Work projects this year for thousands of nomadic herders to lessen the impact of recurrent droughts while improving the nutritional status of the most vulnerable in this country near the tip of the Horn of Africa.
5 April 2007
WFP welcomes a US$300,000 contribution from Turkey, towards its operations in North Korea (DPRK) and Djibouti.
27 March 2007
WFP has said that a critical shortage of funds has set in motion preparations to cease vital food aid rations to 53,000 people in Djibouti, where malnutrition rates among children under five are well over the international emergency threshold.
3 July 2006
WFP has chosen the theme of “Partnering with Men to Achieve Gender Equality” for this year’s International Women’s Day (IWD), to stress the importance of the two sexes working together to improve women’s lives around the world.
23 January 2006
29 April 2005
Djibouti - WFP warns that 30,000 people in Djibouti face serious food shortages following three years of poor rains. The agency is appealing for US$2.5 million to assist the drought victims, including almost 6,000 malnourished children under the age of five, over the next six months.
- NZ provides $2m to African food crisis Source: TVNZ (New Zealand)
- Ireland to donate extra €1m Africa aid Source: RTE
- Drought in the Horn of Africa, does the world still care? Source: CBC News
- Africa: Taking Action Source: CBC News
- East Africa Faces Worst Food Crisis Source: NewsPoint South Africa
- 22 April 2015 Yemeni Refugees Fleeing Violence Arrive in Djibouti
- 13 February 2014 WFP Assists Nomad Communities in Djibouti
- 19 December 2011 Why Djibouti is critical for food assistance