13 September 2013
After the first delivery of 200 fresh food baskets, the Santa Elena Provincial Government and WFP will continue with the food delivery timetable. The official ceremony marking the project's start will take place on September 12 at 2 o'clock in the community of San Antonio; WFP Representative and the Provincial Prefect will attend. Families from San Antonio, Cadeate and Libertador Bolívar communities in Manglaralto will receive a total of 119 fresh food baskets.
27 February 2013
[News Article In Spanish].In February 2013 the Imbabura Provincial Government published several articles in its electronic media on joint work with the World Food Programme to improve the food and nutrition security of Colombian refugees living in Imbabura and the most vulnerable Ecuadorian families in the host communities. A new modality links local purchases from small-scale farmers associations to social safety nets, including complementing school meals. These efforts are possible thanks to donations by USAID, Canada, Brazil and Luxembourg.
3 October 2012
[News Article in Spanish] KFC joins the World Food Programme in Ecuador to fight children malnutrition in Esmeraldas. KFC hopes to raise US$120,000 in Ecuador to contribute in the fight against malnutrition in Esmeraldas, a vulnerable area. According to national data, chronic malnutrition affects 26 percent of Ecuadorian children under five years of age. Willing to do act in order to change this, KFC joined the World Hunger Relief campaign (World Food Programme) four years ago.
- Santa Elena Provincial Government and WFP start food and nutrition security project Source: Santa Elena Provincial Government (Ecuador)
- WFP Signs Agreement With Imbabura Authorities In Ecuador Source: Provincial Government Website (Ecuador)
- KFC helps fund WFP efforts against malnutrition in Ecuador Source: El Popular
- 7 November 2013 A Fun Nutrition Fair in Quito
- 16 October 2013 ECHO Visits Colombian Refugees in the Ecuadorian Northern Border