29 May 2012
An international study conducted in Ecuador to evaluate three food assistance modalities –cash, vouchers and food—among vulnerable populations found that vouchers have several advantages over cash transfers or direct food delivery.
17 May 2012
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) will support the Autonomous Decentralized the Government of the Province of Santa Elena by strengthening their capabilities to help people improve their food and nutrition security. To this end, an agreement was signed at the provincial government headquarters in Santa Elena.
3 April 2012
LATACUNGA- The World Food Programme will help strengthen capacities of the Government of Cotopaxi in its work for the food and nutrition security of the population of this Andean province in Ecuador.
21 March 2012
GUAYAQUIL–The United Nations World Food Programme announced today that, on the basis of an ongoing technical agreement with the Ecuadorian National Risk Management Secretariat, it bring assistance to families affected by flooding in Ecuador.
6 March 2012
QUITO. - The World Food Programme (WFP) has signed an agreement with the Hebrew Immigrant Aid Society (HIAS) for delivery of food assistance in the provinces of Carchi, Esmeraldas, Imbabura, Pichincha, Santo Domingo de los Tsáchilas. Beneficiaries will include Colombian families seeking refuge in Ecuador and Ecuadorian families living in vulnerable communities hosting refugees.
10 February 2012
GUAYAQUIL - This week a shipment from Rio Grande do Sul arrived at this port with 280 metric tons of rice donated by the Brazilian government to be distributed through the World Food Programme (WFP) to Colombian families seeking refuge in Ecuador.
20 January 2012
As part of YUM! Brands World Hunger Relief, KFC Ecuador handed a US$80.000 check to WFP, marking the end of several weeks of campaign.
7 November 2011
The Centre of Excellence, located in the capital city of Brasilia, will assist governments in Africa, Asia, and Latin America by drawing upon the expertise of WFP and Brazil in the fight against hunger, while promoting sustainable school feeding models and other food and nutrition safety nets from across the world.
2 November 2011
WFP participated in a press conference in which KFC announced its plans to raise US$90.000 with the support of its Ecuadorian customers through the World Hunger Relief campaign this year. Funds will go to WFP projects in Ecuador.
1 November 2011
This project, which links Climate Change with food security, is financed by the Adaptation Fund, a first both for WFP and for Ecuador.
- Rural women's work recognized as motor of world development Source: El Comercio
- Training helps build capacities in Esmeraldas Source: La Hora
- Authorities Celebrate World Humanitarian Day Source: La Hora (Ecuador)
- Strengthening Food Security through Ancestral Knowledge Source: the Huffington Post
- UN World Food Programme in Ecuador: Strengthening Food Security through Ancestral Knowledge Source: Huffington Post blog
- Seasonal Monitor
- Ecuador PRRO 200275 Assistance to Refugees and Persons Affected by the Conflict in Colombia (2011-2014): An Operation Evaluation
- Transfers and Gender - A mixed methods study of the effect of cash, vouchers and food transfers on intra-household relations and intimate partner violence
- Ecuador: WFP Annual Report 2013
- 15 October 2014 WFP And The EU: Pushing For Zero Hunger Together
- 26 September 2014 Refugees Don't Need to Worry about Their Next Meal
- 25 April 2014 Charley Anderson sings for women’s rights in Ecuador