3 April 2012
LATACUNGA- The World Food Programme will help strengthen capacities of the Government of Cotopaxi in its work for the food and nutrition security of the population of this Andean province in Ecuador.
21 March 2012
GUAYAQUIL–The United Nations World Food Programme announced today that, on the basis of an ongoing technical agreement with the Ecuadorian National Risk Management Secretariat, it bring assistance to families affected by flooding in Ecuador.
6 March 2012
QUITO. - The World Food Programme (WFP) has signed an agreement with the Hebrew Immigrant Aid Society (HIAS) for delivery of food assistance in the provinces of Carchi, Esmeraldas, Imbabura, Pichincha, Santo Domingo de los Tsáchilas. Beneficiaries will include Colombian families seeking refuge in Ecuador and Ecuadorian families living in vulnerable communities hosting refugees.
10 February 2012
GUAYAQUIL - This week a shipment from Rio Grande do Sul arrived at this port with 280 metric tons of rice donated by the Brazilian government to be distributed through the World Food Programme (WFP) to Colombian families seeking refuge in Ecuador.
20 January 2012
As part of YUM! Brands World Hunger Relief, KFC Ecuador handed a US$80.000 check to WFP, marking the end of several weeks of campaign.
7 November 2011
The Centre of Excellence, located in the capital city of Brasilia, will assist governments in Africa, Asia, and Latin America by drawing upon the expertise of WFP and Brazil in the fight against hunger, while promoting sustainable school feeding models and other food and nutrition safety nets from across the world.
2 November 2011
WFP participated in a press conference in which KFC announced its plans to raise US$90.000 with the support of its Ecuadorian customers through the World Hunger Relief campaign this year. Funds will go to WFP projects in Ecuador.
2 November 2011
This project, which links Climate Change with food security, is financed by the Adaptation Fund, a first both for WFP and for Ecuador.
2 November 2011
Vicepresident Lenin Moreno leads government iniatiatives to improve the conditions of poor Ecuadorians living with disabilities. Through this agreement, WFP will assist this vulnerable group with sustainable family gardens, nutrition workshops for improving their daily meals and the distribution of food rations.
20 September 2011
Five hundred people on their bicycles rode for the first edition of Bike the World, an event organised by WFP to celebrate this year's World Food Day. Under the motto “Biking for Good Nutrition”, families members of all ages wore WFP t-shirts and joined the celebration.
- Ecuador: 5 Communities Protect the Moorlands of the Imbabura Province Source: By Grupo El Comercio
- The economics of food subsidies: Feeding expectations Source: The Economist
- Why Food Vouchers Are a Policy Worth Considering in Developing Countries Source: The Economist
- Santa Elena Provincial Government and WFP start food and nutrition security project Source: Santa Elena Provincial Government (Ecuador)
- WFP Signs Agreement With Imbabura Authorities In Ecuador Source: Provincial Government Website (Ecuador)
- 24 December 2013 Ecuador: ECHO Delegation Visits Refugees in the Northern Border
- 8 November 2013 A Fun Nutrition Fair in Quito
- 16 October 2013 ECHO Visits Colombian Refugees in the Ecuadorian Northern Border