2 November 2011
Vicepresident Lenin Moreno leads government iniatiatives to improve the conditions of poor Ecuadorians living with disabilities. Through this agreement, WFP will assist this vulnerable group with sustainable family gardens, nutrition workshops for improving their daily meals and the distribution of food rations.
20 September 2011
Five hundred people on their bicycles rode for the first edition of Bike the World, an event organised by WFP to celebrate this year's World Food Day. Under the motto “Biking for Good Nutrition”, families members of all ages wore WFP t-shirts and joined the celebration.
28 July 2011
With the presence of the Spanish Ambassador, national and local authorities, the World Food Programme launched in Ecuador an innovative food assistance project that has also been implemented in another five countries.
18 February 2008
The World Food Programme has airlifted a first tranche of emergency food assistance from its new humanitarian emergency hub in Ecuador to assist thousands of families affected by floods in Bolivia as a result of “La Niña” weather phenomenon.
16 October 2007
FAO has called for a renewed commitment to guarantee the right to food for the world's hundreds of millions of hungry people.
16 October 2007
Read UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon message to mark World Food Day, which this year promotes the Right to Food.
30 September 2005
27 January 2005
Ecuador WFP with the assistance of the Government of Ecuador is sending emergency food rations in a Hercules C-130 aircraft to assist victims of the recent floods in Guyana.
- Authorities Celebrate World Humanitarian Day Source: La Hora (Ecuador)
- Strengthening Food Security through Ancestral Knowledge Source: the Huffington Post
- UN World Food Programme in Ecuador: Strengthening Food Security through Ancestral Knowledge Source: Huffington Post blog
- Papllacta Vulnerable to Climate Change According to Atlas Source: El Comercio
- Ecuador: 5 Communities Protect the Moorlands of the Imbabura Province Source: By Grupo El Comercio
- Transfers and Gender - A mixed methods study of the effect of cash, vouchers and food transfers on intra-household relations and intimate partner violence
- Ecuador: WFP Annual Report 2013
- Ecuador: Assistance to Refugees and Persons Affected by Colombian Conflict
- WFP Emergency Preparedness and Response in Latin America and the Caribbean
- 25 April 2014 Charley Anderson sings for women’s rights in Ecuador
- 24 December 2013 Ecuador: ECHO Delegation Visits Refugees in the Northern Border