3 April 2012
Ecuador’s National Institute of Hydrology and Meteorology announced that 2012 will be a very tough year for the country weather wise. The forecast: unusual heavy rains, especially for the coast and in provinces of the Andes, like Carchi.
15 March 2012
Canada helps finance WFP distribution of food rations and vouchers to Colombian refugees and vulnerable Ecuadorian families.
5 January 2012
The online quiz game Freerice crossed another milestone today with the addition of its one millionth registered player. The game, which allows players to raise rice for the hungry with every correct answer, has provided meals to almost 5 million people since launching in 2007.
30 November 2011
WFP and KONAMI Digital Entertainment have teamed up to create an online game with a real-world impact. Food Force puts players at the helm of the world’s largest humanitarian aid agency. It combines the multiplayer fun of other popular social media games with the ability to provide real meals to hungry children around the globe. Start playing Food Force!
18 November 2010
6 March 2009
Hurricanes, floods, earthquakes, droughts… nothing anyone can do will prevent them. But a lot can be done to reduce their impact – especially if there’s an early warning.
13 March 2007
A contribution of more than US$395,000 from the Government of Spain to WFP will allow the UN agency to continue providing humanitarian assistance to almost 8,000 Colombian nationals in Ecuador who have fled the conflict in their home country.
31 August 2006
WFP will distribute food rations among 25,000 people in the Andean region of Ecuador after the Tungurahua volcano –130 km south of the capital – erupted on 16 August leaving more than 100,000 people affected in six provinces.
22 March 2006
WFP in collaboration with the Ecuadoran Government will provide food rations to help 5,000 families affected by recent heavy flooding along parts of Ecuador’s coast.
14 October 2005
Despite continuing bad weather in the wake of Hurricane Stan, WFP food aid is reaching some 87,000 families in Guatemala and 77 beneficiaries in El Salvador ...
- Rural women's work recognized as motor of world development Source: El Comercio
- Training helps build capacities in Esmeraldas Source: La Hora
- Authorities Celebrate World Humanitarian Day Source: La Hora (Ecuador)
- Strengthening Food Security through Ancestral Knowledge Source: the Huffington Post
- UN World Food Programme in Ecuador: Strengthening Food Security through Ancestral Knowledge Source: Huffington Post blog
- Ecuador PRRO 200275 Assistance to Refugees and Persons Affected by the Conflict in Colombia (2011-2014): An Operation Evaluation
- Seasonal Monitor
- Transfers and Gender - A mixed methods study of the effect of cash, vouchers and food transfers on intra-household relations and intimate partner violence
- Ecuador: WFP Annual Report 2013
- 15 October 2014 WFP And The EU: Pushing For Zero Hunger Together
- 26 September 2014 Refugees Don't Need to Worry about Their Next Meal
- 25 April 2014 Charley Anderson sings for women’s rights in Ecuador