24 April 2014
WFP’s role in Ecuador includes strengthening capacities and becoming a learning office. As generating evidence and informing public policy is a stated priority of the Government of Ecuador, and a recognized role for the international cooperation, WFP works with local governments to understand the underlying causes of hunger and malnutrition and the capacities that exist to address the main determinants of malnutrition.
Recent efforts in knowledge generation include:
• On-the-job learning to allow for innovation and understanding of what works in different contexts;
• Exchanging of experiences with partners and beneficiaries to identify how WFP can improve activities on an ongoing basis; and
• Learning from rigorous studies and impact evaluations, conducted jointly with respected research institutions.
The 2013 Ecuador Annual Report highlights lessons and learning, but also results as WFP works with the Government of Ecuador to make malnutrition a visible issue at the top of public policy agendas.
26 March 2014
WFP works with local governments to introduce innovative solutions to promote the food and nutrition security and integration of the over 1,000 new asylum-seekers that enter Ecuador each month, and of vulnerable Ecuadorian families from the host communities.
24 August 2012
WFP aims to generate evidence-based food and nutrition security models which are cost-effective and environmentally sound. Through a participatory process with local governments, WFP will support local capabilities to implement innovative nutrition packages which improve the dietary diversity and micronutrient status of children, women and vulnerable groups. The project will catalyze small holder participation to leverage public and private markets, in particular local safety-net programmes. Targeted provinces: Carchi, Chimborazo, Cotopaxi, Pichincha, Santa Elena.
- 15 October 2014 WFP And The EU: Pushing For Zero Hunger Together
- 26 September 2014 Refugees Don't Need to Worry about Their Next Meal
- 25 April 2014 Charley Anderson sings for women’s rights in Ecuador