Ahmed Mansour is one of 16,000 farmers participating in a WFP-supported project that helps farmers handle climate change. Photo: WFP/Photo Library
Climate change is a serious threat to smallholder farmers in Upper Egypt, one of the country’s poorest areas. Extreme heat waves usually have a devastating impact on their harvests and consequently their incomes throughout the year. In 2013, WFP launched a four-year project in partnership with the government to help farmers in southern Egypt cope with harsh weather conditions.
- 5 December 2014 1 Dollar For Syrian Refugees
- 16 September 2014 Children Around The Globe Are Back At School, So Are WFP School Meals
- 4 June 2013 Poverty And Food Insecurity In Egypt On The Rise
- 2 August 2012 School Meals in Egypt, a Step towards Development
- 26 July 2012 Sami Yusuf Ramadan video
- 4 August 2011 WFP Delivers Food For Ramadan