27 November 2007
WFP Executive Director Josette Sheeran will travel to the Middle East this week for her first visit to the region, where WFP has projects to create assets for the poorest and most vulnerable people in Egypt and to provide food assistance for tens of thousands of Iraqi refugees in Syria.
16 October 2007
FAO has called for a renewed commitment to guarantee the right to food for the world's hundreds of millions of hungry people.
16 October 2007
Read UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon message to mark World Food Day, which this year promotes the Right to Food.
2 September 2005
Cairo WFP welcomes a cash donation of US$50,000 from Kraft Foods to support a major girls\' education initiative in Egypt through school feeding.
24 August 2005
13 June 2005
Rome At least 200,000 people have taken part in a round-the-clock, round-the-world event in 269 cities and towns in 91 countries, raising awareness about child hunger across the globe and sufficient funds to feed more than 50,000 hungry children for a year.
25 March 2005
Washington DC In partnership with the World Bank, WFP signs an agreement to support its Early Childhood Education Enhancement Project (ECEEP). The US$108-million project is designed to increase access to more than one million children in kindergartens in 18 food-insecure governorates in Upper Egypt and North Sinai.
13 September 2004
Cairo-WFP launches a new phase of its ongoing school feeding programme in Egypt targeted at 3,000 girls living in Fayoum and Sohag governorates.
27 April 2004
Rome - Mahmoud Yassin, one of the best-known Egyptian actors of all times, has lent his voice to a growing chorus of international celebrities who are helping WFP raise awareness of global hunger.
3 April 2004
Cairo WFP launches a US$200,000 emergency operation to assist the victims of the earthquake that devastated the Al-Hoceima region in north-eastern Morocco in the early morning hours of 24 February, killing almost 600 people, injuring hundreds and leaving many hom
- Egyptian wheat farmers face a hard time Source: Al Jazeera
- Egypt's food security in peril as fuel crisis intensifies Source: IRIN News
- Egyptian farmers fearful as locust threat looms Source: IRIN News
- UN agencies provide food aid to Syrian refugees in Egypt Source: UN News Centre
- Egypt: Fears of rising malnutrition amid increasing poverty Source: IRIN
- 16 September 2014 Children Around The Globe Are Back At School, So Are WFP School Meals
- 4 June 2013 Poverty And Food Insecurity In Egypt On The Rise