3 November 2010
CAIRO – Egypt has launched a major national project to protect its population from vitamin deficiencies, with production beginning this week of vitamin-enriched vegetable oil. The project is in partnership with the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) and the Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN).
15 October 2010
ROME –The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) today marks World Food Day by celebrating the bold leadership and outstanding contributions of national governments toward lasting solutions to hunger and malnutrition.
6 March 2010
10 January 2009
WFP today responded to growing hunger needs in Gaza by launching Operation Lifeline Gaza, a global appeal to ramp up the distribution of food to people caught in the conflict in the occupied Palestinian territory.
27 November 2007
WFP Executive Director Josette Sheeran will travel to the Middle East this week for her first visit to the region, where WFP has projects to create assets for the poorest and most vulnerable people in Egypt and to provide food assistance for tens of thousands of Iraqi refugees in Syria.
16 October 2007
FAO has called for a renewed commitment to guarantee the right to food for the world's hundreds of millions of hungry people.
16 October 2007
Read UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon message to mark World Food Day, which this year promotes the Right to Food.
2 September 2005
Cairo WFP welcomes a cash donation of US$50,000 from Kraft Foods to support a major girls\' education initiative in Egypt through school feeding.
24 August 2005
13 June 2005
Rome At least 200,000 people have taken part in a round-the-clock, round-the-world event in 269 cities and towns in 91 countries, raising awareness about child hunger across the globe and sufficient funds to feed more than 50,000 hungry children for a year.
- Egyptian wheat farmers face a hard time Source: Al Jazeera
- Egypt's food security in peril as fuel crisis intensifies Source: IRIN News
- Egyptian farmers fearful as locust threat looms Source: IRIN News
- UN agencies provide food aid to Syrian refugees in Egypt Source: UN News Centre
- Egypt: Fears of rising malnutrition amid increasing poverty Source: IRIN
- 5 December 2014 1 Dollar For Syrian Refugees
- 16 September 2014 Children Around The Globe Are Back At School, So Are WFP School Meals