6 November 2006
Mohammad Aboutrika, the star of Al Ahly club, is not only a shining star in Egypt’s national team and leading football club, but also someone who works unobtrusively to help the poor and needy through his charity work.
22 June 2006
Egyptian soccer player, Mohamed Aboutrika is to use his celebrity status to help WFP in its fight against child hunger, the agency has announced.
22 December 2005
14 December 2005
Film star Mahmoud Yassin today called on Arabs worldwide to provide more humanitarian assistance to millions of victims of conflicts in western Sudan’s Darfur region and South Sudan to help bolster the peace agreement for the South and peace talks in Darfur.
12 October 2005
WFP launches an Arabic language website as part of its efforts to raise public awareness among Arab-speaking populations about the world’s 852 million chronically hungry people.
23 February 2005
In an article first published by the Djibouti triweekly newspaper La Nation, WFP's Fatma Samoura describes the agony of the Day forest, which contains 60 percent of Djibouti's wildlife and flora and fauna.
- Egyptian wheat farmers face a hard time Source: Al Jazeera
- Egypt's food security in peril as fuel crisis intensifies Source: IRIN News
- Egyptian farmers fearful as locust threat looms Source: IRIN News
- UN agencies provide food aid to Syrian refugees in Egypt Source: UN News Centre
- Egypt: Fears of rising malnutrition amid increasing poverty Source: IRIN
- 5 December 2014 1 Dollar For Syrian Refugees
- 16 September 2014 Children Around The Globe Are Back At School, So Are WFP School Meals