17 April 2013
TEGUCIGALPA – The National Systems of Risk Management from Central American countries today began a series of simulation exercises to respond to emergencies and disasters in order to help strengthen their coordination processes and joint operation of humanitarian assistance for affected populations. These processes anticipate the participation of government institutions and national and international humanitarian actors.
21 March 2013
ROME – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) announced today that it will provide technical support to the Government of Mexico’s efforts to eradicate hunger and malnutrition through its newly created “National Crusade against Hunger”.
7 November 2011
The Centre of Excellence, located in the capital city of Brasilia, will assist governments in Africa, Asia, and Latin America by drawing upon the expertise of WFP and Brazil in the fight against hunger, while promoting sustainable school feeding models and other food and nutrition safety nets from across the world.
18 October 2011
PANAMA – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) together with the governments of Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras and Nicaragua have distributed urgently needed food rations to more than 70,000 people severely affected by Tropical Depression 12E, but continuing bad weather and damage to roads and infrastructure are hampering efforts to reach isolated communities.
3 June 2010
Tropical Storm Agatha in Guatemala, Honduras and El Salvador that left 180 people dead, thousands homeless and caused immeasurable damage, was a cruel reminder of the vulnerability of Central America as we head in to the hurricane season.
10 November 2009
SAN SALVADOR – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) has estimated that as many as 10,000 people will need urgent food assistance in the coming days after heavy rains swept across El Salvador, leaving more than 100 people dead and causing extensive damage.
16 October 2007
FAO has called for a renewed commitment to guarantee the right to food for the world's hundreds of millions of hungry people.
16 October 2007
Read UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon message to mark World Food Day, which this year promotes the Right to Food.
9 May 2007
As emergency personnel from WFP began distributing food to victims of Hurricane Felix in northern Nicaragua, the agency expressed deep concern that the violent storm could soon threaten almost 1.5 million people, many in central Honduras.
9 May 2007
An emergency airlift of food aid from WFP has arrived in the Nicaraguan coastal town of Bilwi (formerly Puerto Cabezas) for distribution to hungry residents who bore some of the worst of Hurricane Felix’s punishing Tuesday landfall.
- Anastasia Torres : Working for Her Community with the Hand of WFP in EL Salvador Source: www.trust.org
- La Prensa- El Salvador- Coffee Rust Causes Hunger for Coffee Pickers [In Spanish] Source: LA PRENSA
- Supporting Cooperatives to Access Markets Source: Local
- Support cooperatives to access markets Source: Local
- El Salvador: Nourishing Cacaopera Source: Local
- Revolutionizing Data Collection - World Food Programme and Nielsen Use Scalable Mobile Surveys in Today's Changing Technological Landscape, June 2015
- Factsheet - Food Security Analysis, 2015
- Central America PRRO 200490 Restoring Food Security and Livelihoods for Vulnerable Groups Affected by Recurrent Shocks in El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras and Nicaragua: An Operation Evaluation. Terms of Reference
- Seasonal Monitor
- 11 September 2013 Third Puch Marathon in El Salvador
- 26 April 2013 WFP Executive Director Visits Panama
- 21 December 2012 El Salvador: An Innovative Education Strategy
- 5 December 2012 Nourishing El Salvador Helps Fight Chronic Undernutrition