5 February 2014
PANAMA CITY –The World Food Programme (WFP) has appointed Miguel Barreto, a Peruvian national, as its new Regional Director for Latin America and the Caribbean. His duty will be to oversee WFP operations across the region.
27 January 2014
In the last third of 2012, El Salvador suffered an extended period of drought which affected the principle area where basic grains are grown. One particular area was the southern region of the Sonsonate Department.
14 October 2013
For many of the 842 million hungry people in the world, the answer is not a hand-out of free food. It's more about making local food 'systems' more productive and reliable so that nutritious food is always available, even to the poorest of the poor. But what is a food system precisely? And how can you make it stronger?
12 October 2013
For generations Central American farmers have eked out a living growing the local staples of maize and beans, their harvests barely covering food and production costs. But today, some of the small rain-fed plots that dot the region are generating serious money.
12 September 2013
Pizza Hut held its third edition of the Puch Marathon to support the activities of the project “Nourishing El Salvador” of the World Food Programme, which seeks to fight and prevent child malnutrition in the poorest and most vulnerable municipalities of the country.
21 August 2013
For the third year in a row, Pizza Hut kicks off its nationwide “Muévete Conmigo” (Move with Me) annual fundraising campaign to support the reduction of child malnutrition in El Salvador.
2 August 2013
The WFP Deputy Regional Director and Officer in Charge, Alzira Ferreira, and the Regional Director of Plan in the Americas, Roland Angerer, signed an agreement to work together to fight food insecurity to help the most vulnerable populations, especially women and children, in Latin America and the Caribbean.
25 July 2013
WFP has recently piloted a new price monitoring system in El Salvador. Selected P4P-supported farmers have been provided with smartphones and technical training on how to report updates on their crop sales and current farm-gate prices. This innovative system also allows smallholder farmers to benefit from the data when taking marketing decisions.
22 July 2013
Salvadoran government representatives and the heads of four UN Agencies (WFP, PAHO/WHO, UNDP and UNICEF) approved on 26 June 2013 the final report of the Joint Programme on Children, Food Security and Nutrition, which was financed by the Millennium Development Goals Achievement Fund (MDG-F) thanks to the support of the Government of Spain.
27 June 2013
ROME/VATICAN CITY – His Holiness Pope Francis this morning granted a private audience to Ertharin Cousin, Executive Director of the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP). The meeting took place immediately upon Cousin’s return from Syria and following her recent visit to Israel and Palestine.
- Anastasia Torres : Working for Her Community with the Hand of WFP in EL Salvador Source: www.trust.org
- La Prensa- El Salvador- Coffee Rust Causes Hunger for Coffee Pickers [In Spanish] Source: LA PRENSA
- Supporting Cooperatives to Access Markets Source: Local
- Support cooperatives to access markets Source: Local
- El Salvador: Nourishing Cacaopera Source: Local
- Revolutionizing Data Collection - World Food Programme and Nielsen Use Scalable Mobile Surveys in Today's Changing Technological Landscape, June 2015
- Factsheet - Food Security Analysis, 2015
- Central America PRRO 200490 Restoring Food Security and Livelihoods for Vulnerable Groups Affected by Recurrent Shocks in El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras and Nicaragua: An Operation Evaluation. Terms of Reference
- Seasonal Monitor
- 11 September 2013 Third Puch Marathon in El Salvador
- 26 April 2013 WFP Executive Director Visits Panama
- 21 December 2012 El Salvador: An Innovative Education Strategy
- 5 December 2012 Nourishing El Salvador Helps Fight Chronic Undernutrition