6 March 2009
Hurricanes, floods, earthquakes, droughts… nothing anyone can do will prevent them. But a lot can be done to reduce their impact – especially if there’s an early warning.
26 February 2008
Global food prices are rising, putting even basic commodities beyond the reach of the world's poorest people. WFP spokesperson Trevor Rowe says the most vulnerable people in Central America have been hit hard by economic forces beyond their control.
2 August 2007
WFP has praised The Grand Duchy of Luxembourg for its decision to allocate a set amount of its humanitarian budget to improving emergency preparedness in developing countries.
27 July 2007
WFP has welcomed contributions of $104 million from the US government this month to feed the hungry poor in 15 countries.
24 October 2005
14 October 2005
Despite continuing bad weather in the wake of Hurricane Stan, WFP food aid is reaching some 87,000 families in Guatemala and 77 beneficiaries in El Salvador ...
10 October 2005
Floods and landslides in the wake of Hurricane Stan, combined with an earthquake off the coast of El Salvador as well as a volcano, have killed at least 617 people throughout Central America and Mexico.
- Anastasia Torres : Working for Her Community with the Hand of WFP in EL Salvador Source: www.trust.org
- La Prensa- El Salvador- Coffee Rust Causes Hunger for Coffee Pickers [In Spanish] Source: LA PRENSA
- Supporting Cooperatives to Access Markets Source: Local
- Support cooperatives to access markets Source: Local
- El Salvador: Nourishing Cacaopera Source: Local
- 11 September 2013 Third Puch Marathon in El Salvador
- 26 April 2013 WFP Executive Director Visits Panama
- 21 December 2012 El Salvador: An Innovative Education Strategy
- 5 December 2012 Nourishing El Salvador Helps Fight Chronic Undernutrition