8 July 2011
WFP Spokesman, David Orr, on his return from Dadaab refugee camp in Kenya this week: “I met Somali women and children who had walked for weeks to reach the safety of refugee camps in Kenya.
8 July 2011
From mega-emergencies, such as the earthquake in Haiti or the floods in Pakistan, to headline-grabbing humanitarian crises, such as the conflicts in Cote d’Ivoire or Libya, the international community has stepped up to help those impacted by disaster and tragedy over the last few years.
7 July 2011
ADDIS ABABA – The UN World Food Programme (WFP) confirms that Abdou Dieng, the new Country Director, today presented his letter of appointment to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
30 June 2011
ROME – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) confirmed today the safe recovery of two of its Ethiopian staff members.
29 June 2011
Desperate hunger is looming across the Horn of Africa and threatening the lives of millions who are struggling to survive in the face of rising food prices and conflict.
14 May 2011
ADDIS ABABA - The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) today confirmed the death of one of its staff members in a fatal attack in Ethiopia. "I am deeply saddened by this deplorable killing,” said WFP Executive Director Josette Sheeran. “This is the second deadly attack on a WFP humanitarian worker in less than a month.”
2 April 2011
The number of hungry people in the Horn of Africa is growing and WFP aims to assist 5.2 million people as drought, rising food and fuel prices and conflict take their toll. More and more people need help in the Horn and we’re now on high alert over the impact of the March to May long rains.
14 March 2011
DJIBOUTI – A ceremony was held today to lay the foundation stone of a new United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) Humanitarian Logistics Base on 40,000 square meters of land made available to WFP by the Government of Djibouti.
11 January 2011
YOKOHAMA – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) has welcomed the largest ever, one-off donation from the Government of Japan, amounting to US$ 196.6 million. The donation will be used to provide urgently needed food and nutritional assistance to millions of the most vulnerable people in 20 countries in Asia and Africa and will also support logistics operations in eight countries where WFP is working.
22 October 2010
WFP has donated 20 automated weather stations to assist in weather risk management in Ethiopia.
- UNHCR, WFP chiefs due in Ethiopia Source: Turkish Press
- Humanitarian crisis looms as refugees from South Sudan pour into Ethiopia Source: The Guardian
- Elimination of hunger in our lifetime can be a reality Source: The Irish Times
- UN Utilizing Financial Inclusion Programs to Fight Rural Poverty Source: VOA News
- Delegates highlight rural poor financial inclusion service access Source: The Ethiopian Herald
- 11 December 2013 Why Financial Inclusion Is Key To Ethiopia's Fight Against Hunger
- 10 December 2013 UN Agencies Link Ethiopian Farmers To School Meals Programs
- 15 March 2013 WFP Ethiopia in Pictures