26 September 2007
WFP teams in many countries across Africa are delivering food to people hit by floods across the continent that are the worst in decades in some places. But WFP urgently needs new contributions to cope with the crisis.
14 September 2007
WFP has said that distributions of food assistance to more than 60,000 flood victims across the country had started amid some overcrowding in temporary shelters and threats of an outbreak of water-borne diseases.
3 September 2007
After visiting some of Ethiopia’s most hunger prone regions, Swiss pop star and WFP Hunger Ambassador, DJ BoBo, urged the world to continue its engagement in the Horn of Africa country to help sustain progress in combating hunger and poverty.
29 May 2007
Grain market experts, economists and policy makers from around the world will gather in Rome tomorrow for a meeting hosted by the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) to explore the best ways to benefit farmers in developing countries through food procurement.
29 April 2007
The United Nations World Food Programme has made dramatic progress in reducing malnutrition in Ethiopia, Sudan and Chad but the achievements risk being diminished by constantly shifting security conditions, said WFP Executive Director Josette Sheeran today.
24 April 2007
The African Union and WFP today renewed their strategic partnership to fight hunger and enhance food security, education and emergency response across the continent of Africa.
23 April 2007
The new Executive Director of WFP, Josette Sheeran, has called on farmers, grain traders, and government officials to support WFP in developing “better models with food aid purchases” that can help poor farmers access markets and assist in solving chronic food insecurity.
21 March 2007
WFP has hailed the increasing support and commitment of 12 new European Union Member States towards achieving the number one Millennium Development Goal (MDG) of halving poverty and hunger by 2015.
15 March 2007
James T. Morris, Executive Director of the United Nations World Food Program (WFP), told a US Senate hearing on food aid Thursday that conquering hunger was critical to achieving peace and prosperity in the future.
12 March 2007
As Swiss pop star DJ BoBo launches his “Vampires Alive” tour at Europapark in Rust, Germany today, he will call on fans to help bring real change to the lives of the world’s hungry.
- UN Utilizing Financial Inclusion Programs to Fight Rural Poverty Source: VOA News
- Delegates highlight rural poor financial inclusion service access Source: The Ethiopian Herald
- Lesson From A Famine: Markets Matter Source: Huffington Post
- Ethiopian farming co-ops begin record food delivery to UN for national relief efforts Source: UN News Centre
- Water-hungry Indian villagers find new reservoirs of solidarity Source: The Guardian
- 11 December 2013 Why Financial Inclusion Is Key To Ethiopia's Fight Against Hunger
- 10 December 2013 UN Agencies Link Ethiopian Farmers To School Meals Programs
- 15 March 2013 WFP Ethiopia in Pictures