2 December 2006
Her Royal Highness Princess Haya Bint Al Hussein congratulates donors for their generosity and urges them to continue their support for food aid, following a visit to projects run by WFP in Ethiopia.
30 November 2006
Two Mi-8 helicopters carrying emergency supplies have left to deliver humanitarian assistance to hundreds of thousands of people stranded by another spate of floods this month in the Somali region of southeastern Ethiopia, WFP said.
8 November 2006
Following devastating floods in eastern Ethiopia, WFP is undertaking a rapid assessment and registration of survivors to determine the immediate food needs of an estimated 10,000 people left homeless by flash floods.
22 August 2006
With heavy rains continuing to pound much of Ethiopia, WFP has said that 118,000 people – with hundreds killed or missing – have been hit by devastating floods in the past month and warned that the numbers of displaced, homeless and severely affected could rise further.
15 August 2006
WFP has begun emergency food distributions that will reach 10,000 men, women and children hit by flash floods in the Dire Dawa region of eastern Ethiopia.
3 July 2006
WFP has chosen the theme of “Partnering with Men to Achieve Gender Equality” for this year’s International Women’s Day (IWD), to stress the importance of the two sexes working together to improve women’s lives around the world.
3 June 2006
WFP has announced that AXA Re has been awarded the world’s first insurance contract for humanitarian emergencies.
11 March 2006
With extensive flooding again hitting southeastern Ethiopia, WFP has said that it is working closely with the Government of Ethiopia to ensure that food aid urgently reaches tens of thousands of flood-affected people in the Somali region.
21 February 2006
As the media and the humanitarian community focus on the spreading drought in the Horn of Africa, WFP is deeply concerned that more attention is needed to highlight the persistent problems faced by the world’s refugees – most of them in Africa.
23 January 2006
- UN Utilizing Financial Inclusion Programs to Fight Rural Poverty Source: VOA News
- Delegates highlight rural poor financial inclusion service access Source: The Ethiopian Herald
- Lesson From A Famine: Markets Matter Source: Huffington Post
- Ethiopian farming co-ops begin record food delivery to UN for national relief efforts Source: UN News Centre
- Water-hungry Indian villagers find new reservoirs of solidarity Source: The Guardian
- 11 December 2013 Why Financial Inclusion Is Key To Ethiopia's Fight Against Hunger
- 10 December 2013 UN Agencies Link Ethiopian Farmers To School Meals Programs
- 15 March 2013 WFP Ethiopia in Pictures