15 August 2006
WFP has begun emergency food distributions that will reach 10,000 men, women and children hit by flash floods in the Dire Dawa region of eastern Ethiopia.
3 July 2006
WFP has chosen the theme of “Partnering with Men to Achieve Gender Equality” for this year’s International Women’s Day (IWD), to stress the importance of the two sexes working together to improve women’s lives around the world.
3 June 2006
WFP has announced that AXA Re has been awarded the world’s first insurance contract for humanitarian emergencies.
11 March 2006
With extensive flooding again hitting southeastern Ethiopia, WFP has said that it is working closely with the Government of Ethiopia to ensure that food aid urgently reaches tens of thousands of flood-affected people in the Somali region.
21 February 2006
As the media and the humanitarian community focus on the spreading drought in the Horn of Africa, WFP is deeply concerned that more attention is needed to highlight the persistent problems faced by the world’s refugees – most of them in Africa.
23 January 2006
4 December 2005
Addis Ababa - The future of three million Ethiopians in need of food aid is in jeopardy with malnutrition rates on the rise and funding for humanitarian operations in Ethiopia drying up, WFP warns.
4 December 2005
Yokohama - The Government of Japan confirmed today a contribution of US$ 1.4 million to WFP to help feed the hungry poor in Myanmar, Colombia, and Eritrea.
26 August 2005
WFP says it is struggling to feed 90,000 Eritrean and Ethiopian refugees in eastern Sudan. More than halfway through its term, the two-year WFP operation to feed the refugees has a 47 percent funding shortfall and breaks in supplies are looming.
24 August 2005
- UNHCR, WFP chiefs due in Ethiopia Source: Turkish Press
- Humanitarian crisis looms as refugees from South Sudan pour into Ethiopia Source: The Guardian
- Elimination of hunger in our lifetime can be a reality Source: The Irish Times
- UN Utilizing Financial Inclusion Programs to Fight Rural Poverty Source: VOA News
- Delegates highlight rural poor financial inclusion service access Source: The Ethiopian Herald
- 2 September 2014 'Zero Hunger: A World Without Hunger' By Child Artists