15 March 2004
Addis Ababa - WFP urges donors to give cash to enable humanitarian agencies to purchase food locally to assist millions of drought-affected people in Ethiopia.
20 February 2004
Addis Ababa - WFP announces that it has been forced to reduce the amount of food distributed to refugees in Ethiopia due to lack of funding. The 126,000 refugees will only receive 70 percent of the food considered adequate for a healthy diet.
14 January 2004
Rome Despite a good harvest, 7.2 million people still require assistance to meet minimum food requirements in 2004, according to a joint report released by two United Nations agencies. Last year, 13.2 million Ethiopians needed food assistance.
- UN Utilizing Financial Inclusion Programs to Fight Rural Poverty Source: VOA News
- Delegates highlight rural poor financial inclusion service access Source: The Ethiopian Herald
- Lesson From A Famine: Markets Matter Source: Huffington Post
- Ethiopian farming co-ops begin record food delivery to UN for national relief efforts Source: UN News Centre
- Water-hungry Indian villagers find new reservoirs of solidarity Source: The Guardian
- 11 December 2013 Why Financial Inclusion Is Key To Ethiopia's Fight Against Hunger
- 10 December 2013 UN Agencies Link Ethiopian Farmers To School Meals Programs
- 15 March 2013 WFP Ethiopia in Pictures