16 March 2007
WFP National Ambassador, DJ BoBo, swaps his native Switzerland for the heat of Ethiopia in a trip to check out WFP's work in the region. WFP spokesperson, Simon Pluess, was with him.
1 March 2007
From Afghanistan to Sudan, WFP is on the frontline of crises across the globe. Find out the latest from these hotspots with WFP's weekly operational priorities update.
23 February 2007
From Afghanistan to Sudan, WFP is on the frontline of crises across the globe. Find out the latest from these crisis hotspots with WFP's weekly operational priorities update.
14 February 2007
From Afghanistan to Haiti, WFP is on the frontline of crises across the globe. Find out the latest from these crisis hotspots with WFP's operation update.
5 December 2006
WFP’s helicopter operation to help hundreds of thousands of east African flood victims swung into action over the weekend with a four ton delivery of emergency supplies to Gurufa in northeastern Kenya amid fears of further rains.
1 September 2006
With several of its refugee operations threatened by severe funding difficulties earlier this year, WFP has welcomed a cash donation of US$11.5 million from the US government’s Bureau of Population, Refugees and Migration.
18 August 2006
Extensive flooding due to heavy rains in Ethiopia has affected thousands of people, and the official death toll of 618 is likely to rise.
11 August 2006
An International AIDS Conference in Toronto on 13 – 18 August, gathers together experts and people living with HIV to discuss how to combat the deadly disease. WFP will illustrate the necessity of good nutrition in fighting the disease.
9 August 2006
A flood in the eastern Ethiopian city of Dire Dawa has swept away homes, killing over 200 people and displacing many more. Melese Awoke looks at the impact of the disaster on one woman’s life.
30 March 2006
When the rains don’t come and the harvests fail, families in Ethiopia go hungry. However, the world's first humanitarian insurance policy, an initiative spearheaded by WFP, the World Bank and the Ethiopian Government, offers a glimmer of hope to poor families in the country.
- Lesson From A Famine: Markets Matter Source: Huffington Post
- Ethiopian farming co-ops begin record food delivery to UN for national relief efforts Source: UN News Centre
- Water-hungry Indian villagers find new reservoirs of solidarity Source: The Guardian
- Ethiopia: Safe water - a glass half full Source: IRIN
- Audio slideshow: A tale of two Ethiopian women fighting hunger Source: BBC News
- 11 December 2013 Why Financial Inclusion Is Key To Ethiopia's Fight Against Hunger
- 10 December 2013 UN Agencies Link Ethiopian Farmers To School Meals Programs
- 15 March 2013 WFP Ethiopia in Pictures