9 February 2009
Former president John Agyekum Kufuor, currently in Milan, Italy, has accepted two more international appointments with the United Nations World Food Programme and the Milan Expo 2015. With the UN, he has been offered to serve as Global Ambassador for Hunger for the World Food Programme (WFP). This is according to the WFP executive director, Josette Sheeran, who on behalf of the UN Secretary-General, Ban Ki- Moon, made this known to the former President in Milan.
- Ghana News Agency Source: Ghana News Agency
- WFP presents equipment to smallholder farmers Source: Ghana web
- WFP provides small-holder farmers with technical assistance Source: Ghanaweb (Ghana)
- Ghana: Women Rice Farmers Partner for New Opportunities Source: All Africa / US Department of State
- WFP BUILDS BRIDGE BETWEEN HUNGER AND HOPE Source: Accra Daily Mail (Ghana)