22 May 2013
BEIJING –The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) today announced a new partnership with HNA Group – a leading China-based corporation - to fight hunger globally.
17 April 2013
ACCRA – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) has bought maize worth US$300,000 (GH¢580,000) from smallholder farmers in Ghana’s Ejura Sekyedumasi district. This represents WFP’s first Delivery at Place order in the country, which requires farmers themselves to transport food to the end destinations.
15 October 2010
ROME –The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) today marks World Food Day by celebrating the bold leadership and outstanding contributions of national governments toward lasting solutions to hunger and malnutrition.
23 April 2009
FAO/WFP say millions still vulnerable, despite progress
2 February 2009
16 October 2007
FAO has called for a renewed commitment to guarantee the right to food for the world's hundreds of millions of hungry people.
16 October 2007
Read UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon message to mark World Food Day, which this year promotes the Right to Food.
26 September 2007
WFP teams in many countries across Africa are delivering food to people hit by floods across the continent that are the worst in decades in some places. But WFP urgently needs new contributions to cope with the crisis.
18 May 2007
WFP announced today that it was airlifting 31 metric tons of equipment from its Humanitarian Response Depot (HRD) in Ghana to support the agency’s recently upgraded life-saving operation in the strife-torn Central African Republic.
12 April 2007
Two major logistics companies, UPS and TNT, have joined forces for a humanitarian cause by offering free warehousing facilities to the United Nations Humanitarian Response Depots (UNHRD), run by the WFP in Ghana and Panama.
- WFP presents equipment to smallholder farmers Source: Ghana web
- WFP provides small-holder farmers with technical assistance Source: Ghanaweb (Ghana)
- Ghana: Women Rice Farmers Partner for New Opportunities Source: All Africa / US Department of State
- WFP BUILDS BRIDGE BETWEEN HUNGER AND HOPE Source: Accra Daily Mail (Ghana)
- Kufuor to pick World Food award today Source: Citifmonline (Ghana)
- 26 June 2012 Girls Scholarship Ceremony in northern Ghana
- 18 April 2012 WFP Hands Over Equipment to Farmers in Northern Ghana
- 4 November 2011 P4P Ghana