17 January 2007
WFP has launched its first emergency airlift from a new logistics hub in the Ghanaian capital, sending urgently needed relief supplies – 26 tons of High Energy Biscuits and three mobile storage tents – to N’Djamena in Chad.
22 December 2006
Today in the Ghanaian capital award-winning fashion designers and celebrities are sharing the limelight with an ever urgent cause: alleviating child hunger.
12 May 2006
Amid growing calls for reform and coherence among United Nations partners, the heads of the three Rome-based food and agriculture agencies demonstrated their determination to strengthen joint efforts to reduce hunger and poverty at the grassroots level by visiting Ghana’s food insecure northern region this week.
24 January 2006
23 November 2005
As the “hungry season” between harvests in southern Africa moves into its harshest phase, WFP welcomes the latest generous American donation of food for the region’s most vulnerable people.
15 November 2005
WFP warned today that unless US$1 million was immediately forthcoming from international donors, over 65,000 victims of this year’s political upheaval in Togo risk not receiving any food aid at the end of this year.
27 July 2005
Rome - As the international humanitarian response to Niger's severe hunger crisis gathers pace, WFP announces that a series of airlifts will deliver life-saving emergency rations to feed 80,000 victims of the country\'s intensifying emergency.
18 March 2005
Yokohama WFP welcomes an aid package of some JPY 1.954 billion (US$ 19 million) from the Japanese Government to assist refugees, internally displaced persons and victims of natural disasters and poverty in Africa, the Middle East, Latin America, Eastern Europe and the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS).
- WFP presents equipment to smallholder farmers Source: Ghana web
- WFP provides small-holder farmers with technical assistance Source: Ghanaweb (Ghana)
- Ghana: Women Rice Farmers Partner for New Opportunities Source: All Africa / US Department of State
- WFP BUILDS BRIDGE BETWEEN HUNGER AND HOPE Source: Accra Daily Mail (Ghana)
- Kufuor to pick World Food award today Source: Citifmonline (Ghana)
- 26 June 2012 Girls Scholarship Ceremony in northern Ghana
- 18 April 2012 WFP Hands Over Equipment to Farmers in Northern Ghana
- 4 November 2011 P4P Ghana